Blue IRIs: Your license has been entered too much and must be reset

sydnew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just downgrade my PC from Windows 11 back to Windows 10 because it wont allow me to ""never combine taskbar"" and its very annoying to use. After I downgrade, the first thing I did was to open BI and Restore my Back up With no Problem. Then BI Close itself and when I tried to Open This thing Appear.

Attachments

sydnew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
PS. I just recently build my new rig last month using the same license I did not find difficulty in installing BI in windows 10, then Windows Update offer to upgrade my OS to W11, then I install it again, no problem... Only when I downgrade back when I unable to use my License.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Proper action is to de-register (or deactivate) before transferring to another computer. Apparently you reached the threshold without doing so and will need to reach out to BI support for them to reset your license.

sydnew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
like I said I downgrade my windows OS and I thought everything will be fine including my registered license

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
You need to remove the licenses when you upgrade and down grade a PC. other wise to the BI servers, it appears as the same license running on 2 machines. Same thing with many other types of software, Quickbooks, Adobe, etc....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just downgrade my PC from Windows 11 back to Windows 10 because it wont allow me to ""never combine taskbar"" and its very annoying to use. After I downgrade, the first thing I did was to open BI and Restore my Back up With no Problem. Then BI Close itself and when I tried to Open This thing Appear.
Note, you can use start 11 by Stardock to get the never combined feature and much more. It's only $5, or $15 for a five PC license. Also note that there's evidence in some preview editions that Microsoft is bringing the function back. It amazes me that Microsoft removed the optional feature that millions relied on and refused to add it back despite pages and pages of complaints on their forums. Who do they think they are, Apple?

Last edited:

sydnew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As I was waiting for reply from support@blueirissoftware.com tech support for 2 days , I did input my License Key from time time and this is what i got this time:

BI.png

I follow the instruction and this is the result:

error.png

what is this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Note its not two days. Yesterday and today was the weekend. If you are going to spend the time on a clean install you might as well update to BI5 for only 35 dollars.
oh yeah, this :thumb: for sure - best money spent.

sydnew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
whats the difference between this 2 extend support and maintenance?

ext.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
whats the difference between this 2 extend support and maintenance?

View attachment 147971
The cheaper one automatically renews every year, the $35 plan is a one-time payment and does not auto renew. Some users have reported issues trying to cancel the auto renew with digital river the vendor BI uses to process payments.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
auto-renew on credit card?
One more thing to note, the 35 dollar plan does not include major version upgrade protection. This means that if v6 is released in six months you will have to upgrade again. There is no way to know when and if a new version will be released.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok I get it now, Am I eligible for upgrade? I'm from Ver4

View attachment 147973
Yes, if you purchase any of the upgrade options you will be eligible for v5. Once you enter the support key you should have the option to upgrade to v5. Of course, v5 will have many new settings an features so be prepared to tinker a bit. There is a large thread about the upgrade process that you might want to take a look at. Blue Iris 4 to 5 Migration Guide

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Note, you can use start 11 by Stardock to get the never combined feature and much more.
Terrific product. I installed probably 2 dozen of their "Start8" program on new PC's late 2012 for people that were used to XP or 7 and were really frustrated. I even changed the "start" button to look like XP or 7. Never one single hitch, glitch or complaint.

Then 10 came out mid 2015 and I probably installed only a half dozen of the "Start10" program; I think many users had finally gotten use to 8.1 and were OK with 10.

It amazes me that Microsoft removed the optional feature that millions relied on and refused to add it back despite pages and pages of complaints on their forums.
True.
MS seemed to listen to complaints about 8 and brought out 8.1...but who knows their motivation.....I don't but I don't care anyway. They give us lemons and we make lemonade, right? :cool: