Blue Iris w/Annke C800

mcleandl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have decided to upgrade my Blue Iris Release 5.3.7.0 x64 system once again after have using it for many years. Purchased qty 9 new Annke C800 4K camera's to replace some aging 2MP camears. Had to built a new system with the I9-10850, 32G Mem, 1TB M.2 for db & 12TB WD Purple HD for file storage to support the new camera's. Didn't have any luck selecting the Camera "Make" Annke from the drop down, so I let Blue Iris use Find/inspect and the camera's where selected at Generic/ONVIF. All camera's are working as expected with very good video quality @ 15fps, video quality set to "Highest". CPU running < 50%.

Could use some help in taking advantage of the RTSP Sub Stream to further reduce the CPU usage, just can't figure out the correct syntax. Would also like to take advantage of the H265+ if possible to avoid adding multiple 12TB HD for file storage.

Best Regards,

Dave

1608438512091.png

1608439383526.png

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue iris will not support 265+ or any smart codec.
You didnt need a system that powerful at all since you will be using the subtream function.
The money could have gone towards better cameras.
The ankke look like rebranded hikvision. See the substream section of the wiki.

mcleandl

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I have already spent quite a bit of time following the substream section in the wiki with no luck. Over the many years of using Blue iris I have found CPU load something that has been of many concerns with Users and a few more $$ (least then a cost of a single camera) a better processors in my opinion was a wise investment. Over the years I have used Dahua and UNV Uniview camera's, but after some research I thought Annke C800 would be a simlar (safe) ONVIF camera choice. I purchased a single Annke C800 camera and with the great video quality I saw I moved forward with 8 more that seemed like a good investment at the time. Maybe someone could suggest a better camera choice on a system with > 10 cameras that wouldn't break the bank.

I guess I should have thought through the Blue iris substream setup a bit more, but this Blue iris improvement was new to me and as I've always just let Blue iris querry the camera and moved forward as I have done so far with this new camera deployment.

Has anyone on the forum been successful here and could share their success with setting up the substream with the Annke C800

Still could use some suggestions on the syntax in the Stream Profile setup.

Best Regards,

Dave

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you try @ instead of & between user and PW? Do you have any characters in the password? Can you try just starting with user@pw?

Have you tried using VLC or some other streaming platform to ensure that you have the proper combination to stream from that camera? I would try that first and then take that configuration to stream into BI.

I have one cheapo camera that simply used the / like yours came up in find/inspect and never could figure out how to get the substream going. BI is great, but it cannot accommodate EVERY camera out there, especially if a manufacturer doesn't follow some similar setup as most other manufacturers.

Last edited:

mcleandl

n3wb
Reaction score
There is a special character in the password "$". The new system has just been set up so I haven't loaded VLC or any other streaming platform hoping for the easy fix/answer. The Annke C800 seem to be as good as anything I've used over the past 10 years or so, only 6 year using Blue iris.
I have seen comments that the Annke is a rebranded Hikvision camera, but haven't seen what the equivlant HIkvision mode would be. Maybe just accept what I have for now and not use the substream feature since CPU load is ~ 50% running fps @15. Dropping to 6 fps the load drops to about 30% but I'm trying to catch moving cars down the street and 6 fps wasn't quite good enough.

While I was typing this reply I tried selecting Hikvision DS-2CD2085G1-l which picture looked identical on Amazon to the Annke C800 and was able to get the main stream up and running :D. Now on to the sub stream

1608480288691.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet - I will try whatever you come up with on mine that I could never get working.

But yeah, keep at it on the substreams - they bring the CPU down a lot. You would probably be under 10% unless you run substream high.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I have already spent quite a bit of time following the substream section in the wiki with no luck. Over the many years of using Blue iris I have found CPU load something that has been of many concerns with Users

Dave
Again because at that time there was NO substream feature. My point was, you should have spend your money on quality low light cameras that would give you a great low light image + easy to setup substream and a much cheaper processors. Now you have spent hundreds extra on a processor simply to support your cheap cameras ... makes no sense.

mcleandl

n3wb
Reaction score
What would you recommendation be for a quality low light camera be.

As by my previous post, substreams are working fine now when I selected Hikvision *DS-2CDxxxRTSP.
Maybe BI should add the Annke C800 configuration to the drop downs.

I couldn't image a much better video then what I'm getting, I wasn't trying to go cheap, maybe caught up by
some of the youtube comparison videos comparing a few of the many cameras available. I did buy one
at first and it looked good, no issues (didn't test substreams) and moved forward with more.

1608484897722.png

I'm always open for the Staff member opinions, as you can see I've been a member of ipcamtalk for many years and follow much
of what Mr. fenderman has to say and always appreciate his feedback

Once I enabled the substreams CPU load reduced from 50% to under 10%. Question? Is the statement that there is NO substream
support for the Annke C800 a valid statement?

1608485594562.png

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

As by my previous post, substreams are working fine now when I selected Hikvision *DS-2CDxxxRTSP.

I couldn't image a much better video then what I'm getting, I wasn't trying to go cheap, maybe caught up by
some of the youtube comparison videos comparing a few of the many cameras available. I did buy one
at first and it looked good, no issues (didn't test substreams) and moved forward with more.

View attachment 77360

Welcome @mcleandl

The Annke C800 ( Hikvision OEM 8MP ) should well in well lighted conditions.

Remember to test for possible real life scenarios you may expect

Have a friend wear a hoodie and cap - have them act as a prowler / thief during the day and at night.
Have them walk, jog, run and attempt to steal packages / knife tires / key cars / check doors on cars.
Ask another friend / SO / wife to identify the friend from the images you capture... start with the low light one's first.
Ask if they think they could ID a stranger with those images.

I like to have at least 2 cameras covering the driveway, one on each side of the garage.

Last edited:

mcleandl

n3wb
Reaction score
For those interested in the firmware version of the Annke c800 I'm testing.

I will capture some night time images and share. The above comment is exactly what needs to be looked at
since it's many of us primary reason for deploying the camera's. I have 3 camera's viewing the driveway to capture
all sides similar to mat200 but added a center camera that captures between two cars.

A few years back I had a truck broken into in my driveway and the total time from start to finish was less then 20 seconds.
Thanks to BI I had great video which the local news media used for quite some time showing how quick this type
of crime can happen in. Like most cases my door was unlocked,but nothing was inside to be taken, (this time).

On my previous camera's I would leave one set to day setting to keep colors which has also been handy on
other occasion's.

1608494438317.png

Reaction score

View attachment 77360

I'm always open for the Staff member opinions, as you can see I've been a member of ipcamtalk for many years and follow much
of what Mr. fenderman has to say and always appreciate his feedback

Once I enabled the substreams CPU load reduced from 50% to under 10%. Question? Is the statement that there is NO substream
support for the Annke C800 a valid statement?

View attachment 77361
I didn't use the per-configured drop down and let BI just discover the features of the C800 camera by using inspect
Once I put in the correct UN/PW for the camera everything was filled out correctly. I then used the drop down under Stream profiles and selected main and sub
I am not sure what you mean by the no sub stream support. If you are referring to fenderman statement "Again because at that time there was NO substream feature" he is most likely talking about how BI only recently enabled substream and main stream to be added to 1 camera (dual stream)
1609260618146.png

dswingle

n3wb
Reaction score
Here are my settings with the c800, substream and main stream. Working without a problem for me. I have 5 of them on an I7-6700 with 8gb of ram. With quicksync enabled, it hovers around 10-15% cpu.
Main:
mainstream.png

Sub:
substream.png

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@dswingle
Turn H.265+ off. It is not supported in BI.
Also what are the main stream and sub stream on two different ip cameras configuration screens? They should be on a single screen.
The only thing in the RTSP field should be the IP address. Put in the IP address and do a find/inspect

Ricken

n3wb
Reaction score
Ran into an issue with the Annke c800 where BI will not pickup the Main/Sub info via "Find/Inspect"....then I manually put in the info that @ImThatGuy suggested and it works now....is this common with Annke cameras? This was my first Annke and not sure if I want to continue with more cameras with them...currently on amcrest, jidetech, hik, etc.

KenAllen15

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All these problems are solved by enabling onvif in the annke/hikvision web interface. It is not enabled by default, you will need to check the box and setup a user.

1647177951431.png