Blue Iris virtual fence

abby325

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

My blue Iris expired a long time ago and I been using Ispy for awhile now and can't see any functions now. The latest Ispy has been crashing so I been using a older version for the past year. I was wondering If Blue Iris had a virtual fence feature or plugin like the Ispy plugin has that you can find here. iPlugs - Trackerwhat it does is allow you to create multiple lines or even one where it tracks the motion and if it crosses the line it will execute a alert you have set. I have gotten the settings down where I pretty much have zero false alarms and it only records motion if something comes in to view of the cam and it will only alert me every time someone crosses the virtual fence (line) as I only care about being notified if someone crosses the line. I would like to use Blue Iris so is there a feature like this?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

My blue Iris expired a long time ago and I been using Ispy for awhile now and can't see any functions now. The latest Ispy has been crashing so I been using a older version for the past year. I was wondering If Blue Iris had a virtual fence feature or plugin like the Ispy plugin has that you can find here. iPlugs - Trackerwhat it does is allow you to create multiple lines or even one where it tracks the motion and if it crosses the line it will execute a alert you have set. I have gotten the settings down where I pretty much have zero false alarms and it only records motion if something comes in to view of the cam and it will only alert me every time someone crosses the virtual fence (line) as I only care about being notified if someone crosses the line. I would like to use Blue Iris so is there a feature like this?

Thanks
blue iris does not "expire".....
blue iris has zone crossing options.....download the demo and test...

abby325

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue Iris says I have 0 days on "software evaluation" and when I click demo it just closes out. I figured the demo "expired" and downloading it again would just start out 0 days. Will try the demo again to see if the zone crossing is what I'm looking for and sounds like it. Thank you!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris says I have 0 days on "software evaluation" and when I click demo it just closes out. I figured the demo "expired" and downloading it again would just start out 0 days. Will try the demo again to see if the zone crossing is what I'm looking for and sounds like it. Thank you!
Well you didnt say you only had the demo...you simply said it expired.