Blue Iris Updates (64 bit)

Blue Iris Updates - Official Thread 5.8.8.12

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
And many of us who notice or request minor changes/new features post about them when they are implemented.
A good place to discover these is to follow version-specific posts in

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There is no they. Once person is coding everything. Write to support and ask him to add the info. The minor patches rarely add any features and if they do they are included in the help file. Bugs are addressed in the minor releases. All these releases are beta, if you are concerned stick with the known stable releases.
I, for one, would like to thank that person for providing a superior product! :clap:

Senor Pibb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is no they. Once person is coding everything. Write to support and ask him to add the info. The minor patches rarely add any features and if they do they are included in the help file. Bugs are addressed in the minor releases. All these releases are beta, if you are concerned stick with the known stable releases.
Maybe I am missing something. But "they" is BlueIris to me. "They" are the people that we and by we I mean me pay support to. "They" are the people that write the code to upgrade the software and publish within the BlueIris about us screen what has changed. When I say "They" I am referring to "them". I feel like "Who's on first" now. I just dated me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe I am missing something. But "they" is BlueIris to me. "They" are the people that we and by we I mean me pay support to. "They" are the people that write the code to upgrade the software and publish within the BlueIris about us screen what has changed. When I say "They" I am referring to "them". I feel like "Who's on first" now. I just dated me.
They is plural. It will always be that way regardless of what you may have heard. If you would like that information feel free to ask Blue Iris support for it bitching about it on a forum won't help. If he still doesn't do it after you ask for it you are more than welcome to find an alternative product that will suit your needs. People is plural as well.

Last edited:

Senor Pibb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They is plural. It will always be that way regardless of what you may have heard. If you would like that information feel free to ask Blue Iris support for it bitching about it on a forum won't help. If he still doesn't do it after you ask for it you are more than welcome to find an alternative product that will suit your needs. People is plural as well.
Wait.. are you telling me Blue Iris software is a one person?

If that is true I did miss something. Had no idea.

Senor Pibb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And I was not bitching as much as making a one time commitment on a preference of more detail. One comment of a complaint can't be so disturbing or bothersome to be considered bitching can it? I thought that at the time someone from Blue Iris may see it. Apparently it's a one person company so may not occur, but at the time I thought the company was larger.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
And I was not bitching as much as making a one time commitment on a preference of more detail. One comment of a complaint can't be so disturbing or bothersome to be considered bitching can it? I thought that at the time someone from Blue Iris may see it. Apparently it's a one person company so may not occur, but at the time I thought the company was larger.
Its one guy writing the code and doing most of the support. In the last year or so he hired someone to help with the support. That is why you get an amazing product for under 70 bux. So email support and ask, your wish may be granted.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am wondering if Sam is no longer there? For awhile Sam would respond to my emails about bugs with releases and lately it has been Ken and Jennifer.