Blue iris Update Bot no longer updating ?

tempa1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey peeps,
The Blue Iris update page on this website has not been updated since 5.7.7.18 and currently the latest update is 5.7.9.6.
Is there an issue or is it no longer being provided?
i used this page to check what updates has been added / fixed when I decide to update the software (the app itself does not show all the release notes from the minor patches in between from stable to latest)

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Another bump, as i need this due to my 1 year has ended
Unless somebody is saving each and every update in the background I very much doubt if the bot will be able to download previous/older updates?

If you want them as they come out just head over to the BI site and download the update there.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, would also like to see it fixed as not interested in the latest updates or being a Beta tester! Only updates that are stable and about a month old are of interest.

Blue Iris is isolated from the internet and on a computer that requires a manual update process. i.e. a USB drive sneaker net.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, would also like to see it fixed as not interested in the latest updates or being a Beta tester! Only updates that are stable and about a month old are of interest.

Blue Iris is isolated from the internet and on a computer that requires a manual update process. i.e. a USB drive sneaker net.
The update bot never told you whether an update was a stable release or not. That is only available in the BI software when you check for updates.

tempa1

n3wb
Reaction score
the bot was useful to grab releases and to see what has changed in that release. im looking for 5.8.0.1 does anyone have that ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
the bot was useful to grab releases and to see what has changed in that release. im looking for 5.8.0.1 does anyone have that ?
The bot never indicated what was released in the minor last number release even if there was a change. It would just repeat what the initial release indicated. That information is on the blue iris website under updates> recent features.
I post the detailed update notes from the help file in the whats new section.

tempa1

n3wb
Reaction score
No worries, thank you for clearing that up!
As for the update bot not providing the new updates, is this something that would be fixed or is now no longer being maintain? so i know to monitor this issue.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The update bot never told you whether an update was a stable release or not. That is only available in the BI software when you check for updates.
True, however one could look at the number of downloads and get an idea of what was more or less stable. But at this point, the site is not up to date so one can not perform this basic check.

Is there a current URL that will provide a listing of stable releases available for download? As without internet connectivity to BI that internal software check is a moot point for my application.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
True, however one could look at the number of downloads and get an idea of what was more or less stable. But at this point, the site is not up to date so one can not perform this basic check.

Is there a current URL that will provide a listing of stable releases available for download? As without internet connectivity to BI that internal software check is a moot point for my application.
The number of downloads tells you nothing about the stability.
There is no information on the stable releases other than within the BI software. Not connecting it to the internet and is very extreme - particularly because you cannot get remote alerts. If you want to do it this way you will have to suffer the consequences and rely on others for this information.
You can ask the BI developer to post that info or wait for @Mike to fix the BI bot.

tempa1

n3wb
Reaction score
In the meantime while that gets fixed, as i also have my BI vm restricted from outside connections, does anyone have the 5.8.0.0 / 5.8.0.1 update, as my recent update i installed 5.8.0.5 has caused my streams to have the blue iris elevation version watermark as my subscription expired a few days ago, and the latest update was released 1 -2 days after it expired and triggered the watermark?

Weird as when i had v4 which has been expired for years i could always download the latest updates manually and never had a watermark. First time i ever had this issue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In the meantime while that gets fixed, as i also have my BI vm restricted from outside connections, does anyone have the 5.8.0.0 / 5.8.0.1 update, as my recent update i installed 5.8.0.5 has caused my streams to have the blue iris elevation version watermark as my subscription expired a few days ago, and the latest update was released 1 -2 days after it expired and triggered the watermark?

Weird as when i had v4 which has been expired for years i could always download the latest updates manually and never had a watermark. First time i ever had this issue.
Its not weird. He is enforcing a policy that he's had for years. If you had the online connection it would prevent you from installing a version you dont have access to.

AP514

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Show your support and spend the money for another years worth of updates.......I will be updating after I get my New System up and running.

tempa1

n3wb
Reaction score
For my personal use case as a home surveillance system, i don't want to spend $60~ AUD each year for updates which would probably wont matter to me. i am happy just to use it as is with the last update i can use which is 5.8.x.x. i rarely ever use the new features, i only bought v5 to integrate my Coral TPU and that still has been implemented due to waiting for codeproject to support not just USBs.