Blue Iris UI3

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If we don't manually update to 223, when will we get it?

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008 Love, love your timeline view. It's very useful for reviewing footage, switching between groups, cameras ad-hoc without losing my current date/time position. Awesome!

Enhancement request: I'm curious if the alert details can be added to the highlighted area in screenshot (i.e. current timestamp display). What I mean is the details about the alert in view: camera short name, memo, plate, etc..

Perhaps as option via UI settings like: &CAM &MEMO &PLATE &TYPE

timeline view.png

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008 Love, love your timeline view. It's very useful for reviewing footage, switching between groups, cameras ad-hoc without losing my current date/time position. Awesome!

Enhancement request: I'm curious if the alert details can be added to the highlighted area in screenshot (i.e. current timestamp display). What I mean is the details about the alert in view: camera short name, memo, plate, etc..

Perhaps as option via UI settings like: &CAM &MEMO &PLATE &TYPE

View attachment 140063
Nope, sorry, none of that information is available. Blue Iris basically just says where to draw each color, and UI3 doesn't even know which cameras were involved in the bars drawn on the timeline.

pausco2007

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmm. Switching cameras without returning to the group view is not something I ever wanted myself (and I still don't).

Swipe gestures don't make much sense in areas that support zoom, because they interfere with panning. I suppose I could do swipe detection on the video player only if you aren't zoomed in at all. But that seems really janky having a function like that silently enable or disable itself based on zoom state.
I will second the need to be able to swipe between cameras like the app does. In UI3 when I select a camera for it to go full screen it would be great if I could swipe left or right to go to the next camera instead of tapping to go back to the group and then tapping again to maximize the next camera!

Thanks,
Scott

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I will second the need to be able to swipe between cameras like the app does. In UI3 when I select a camera for it to go full screen it would be great if I could swipe left or right to go to the next camera instead of tapping to go back to the group and then tapping again to maximize the next camera!

Thanks,
Scott
Me too!

Now that I've registered that vote, quick question about picture-in-picture (PIP) which I've only recently started using a lot. Wonderful feature. I bragged on it to my brother, who tried using it on his system, but the icon is not there. We've confirmed that the feature is enabled under UI settings.

Are there any other parameters that need to be set to enable it?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
quick question about picture-in-picture (PIP) which I've only recently started using a lot. Wonderful feature. I bragged on it to my brother, who tried using it on his system, but the icon is not there. We've confirmed that the feature is enabled under UI settings.

Are there any other parameters that need to be set to enable it?
The web browser needs to have picture in picture supported and enabled (it should be enabled by default on any system where it is supported) and the H.264 player needs to be HTML5.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The web browser needs to have picture in picture supported and enabled (it should be enabled by default on any system where it is supported) and the H.264 player needs to be HTML5.
I'm trying to walk him through it. It's latest version of Brave (as is mine) on the PC. Can't seem to find any PIP settings on the browser.

Never mind... He was using FF instead of Brave on that screen. Switched to brave, option popped up. All set. TY.

EvanVanVan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, just as a bug report, I'm still getting occasional green screens when viewing alerts in UI3 version 223, Blue Iris version: 5.6.0.11.

EvanVanVan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's a client-side issue. In your browser, turn off hardware acceleration and you won't see another green screen.
Ah bummer, I had hoped the green was entirely gone with UI3-223.
FWIW, even after turning off hardware acceleration in Chrome and relaunching the browser, it's still occurring for me (remotely via VPN) and my mom (who is local on the LAN). Happens with both the HTML5 player and javascript. 1440p. I'm not sure what other info would be helpful.

Thanks!

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Lol of course it's good right now no matter how many clips I try to watch! I'll try to get one tomorrow though lol
Did you relaunch the browser after disabling HA? I think Brave either forces a restart or strongly recommends it. But the changes won't take effect until you do. If that's not the issue I'm curious what else it could be .

EvanVanVan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On my computer it's actually been good since I re-enabled hardware acceleration, I've seen the green flashes on my phone (in the mobile Chrome browser, not the BI app) a couple times but can't screenshot that as easily/quickly.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bp2008 For the timeline view, how does it perform on a spinner? I've used it on a NVME with no slowdowns but am wondering about a future upgrade to a large spinner.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on how many clips it needs to load concurrently. If it is only a few, it will do okay with the clips on a spinning disk. But if you have something like 8+ cameras all recording continuously, then it can be a lot more sluggish and can really benefit from having the clips recorded to a high-endurance SSD.