Blue Iris UI3

thesleepy_slee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A new beta version b2 will be posted in a few hours, with fixes for the bugs reported so far, and an "Enlarge Thumbnails" option in the clip list context menu (a.k.a. right-click menu).
When do you think you will enable Alert playback?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Version b2 is available now, link in the first post.

It consists of bugfixes and a new "Enlarge Thumbnails" item in the clip/alert list context menu.

Alert playback can't be finished until Ken adds a little information to the alert list response sent by Blue Iris. It is mostly jpeg-streaming alerts that are broken currently. If you are streaming H.264 then the only problem should be that the playback time and duration are wrong.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
The Edge browser comes back with:

"This website cannot be found.
Error code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND"

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Wondering if I had needed to install the UI2 first, because I had placed your files into the regular Blue Iris 4 directory. I just renamed the original login file before pasting in the UI3 one, and added the ui3beta folder, and the two files into the applet folder.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, you don't need to install UI2 at all for UI3 to work.

UI2 and UI3 have the same login page.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
With IE 11, I get this message:

HTTP 403 - The website declined to show this webpage - Most likely causes: This website requires you to log in.

http://(IP address of the PC) : (port number)/ui3beta/ui3.htm

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008 First, thank you for creating UI2 and UI3. I am a long-time user.

For UI3 beta b2, I noticed the alerts playback isn't right. For example, if you look at this screenshot below, you can see that the alert is for a Front Porch alert at 3:43:29PM but UI3 starts playback at 3:00PM -- as if it's playing back the continous clip and not the alert. (I have BlueIris record continuously 24x7 with combine/cut set on hour + motion recording. Blue Iris v4.5.8.6)

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 6.12.59 PM.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
With IE 11, I get this message:

HTTP 403 - The website declined to show this webpage - Most likely causes: This website requires you to log in.

http://(IP address of the PC) : (port number)/ui3beta/ui3.htm
Ah, I've seen Blue Iris occasionally raise the 403 when it should be sending you to the login page. I haven't figured out why yet.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008 First, thank you for creating UI2 and UI3. I am a long-time user.

For UI3 beta b2, I noticed the alerts playback isn't right. For example, if you look at this screenshot below, you can see that the alert is for a Front Porch alert at 3:43:29PM but UI3 starts playback at 3:00PM -- as if it's playing back the continous clip and not the alert. (I have BlueIris record continuously 24x7 with combine/cut set on hour + motion recording. Blue Iris v4.5.8.6)

View attachment 23220
That is why there is a note every time you load the Alerts tab saying Alert playback is not finalized :)

My hands are tied on this one, as I have to wait for Ken to add a bit more information to the alert metadata before I can make alert playback work right in UI3.

I decided to make alert playback work in UI3 the same way it does in the Blue Iris console and mobile apps, where alerts are basically just a shortcut to a position in a clip, and are not confined to the reported duration of the alert. I just don't have all the information necessary to do that yet, so alerts are broken in UI3 currently.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Does it matter that I am trying to launch the UI3 on the same PC as the server is on?

DigitalPackrat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Installed UI3 a few minutes ago and have a issue with alert playback. On Firefox 56.0.2 x64 if I click on an alert for playback it starts about 15 minutes before the actual alert time, under edge is starts 10 seconds after the alert. I still have UI2 installed which starts playback about 10 seconds before the alert which is great. BI version 4.6.4.6 x64 on Win 10 1709.

Using the same alert clip of a truck passing by at 6:35:41PM. Using other clips has similar results but the time offset varies.
UI2 Firefox starts 6:35:30 which is good
UI3 Firefox starts at 6:19:18
UI3 Edge starts at 6:35:51

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Installed UI3 a few minutes ago and have a issue with alert playback. On Firefox 56.0.2 x64 if I click on an alert for playback it starts about 15 minutes before the actual alert time, under edge is starts 10 seconds after the alert. I still have UI2 installed which starts playback about 10 seconds before the alert which is great. BI version 4.6.4.6 x64 on Win 10 1709.

Using the same alert clip of a truck passing by at 6:35:41PM. Using other clips has similar results but the time offset varies.
@DigitalPackrat If you scroll a bit up, I had same question. @bp2008 replied saying that Alert playback is not fully ready until Ken does some mods on Blue Iris side.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
With Blue Iris v4.5.8.6, UI3 beta b2, I noticed that is I rapidly switch streaming mode when in UI3, I can sometimes get Blue Iris to crash. I can't do it every time predictably but I was wondering if anyone else is seeing this behavior?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
With Blue Iris v4.5.8.6, UI3 beta b2, I noticed that is I rapidly switch streaming mode when in UI3, I can sometimes get Blue Iris to crash. I can't do it every time predictably but I was wondering if anyone else is seeing this behavior?
How heavily loaded is your Blue Iris? Close to the limit on CPU or RAM?

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How heavily loaded is your Blue Iris? Close to the limit on CPU or RAM?
My Blue Iris server hovers at ~50%, 2G out of 8G RAM. There are CPU spikes when I switch streaming mode.

I'm not able to crash Blue Iris every time so I don't know what exact factors is causing it.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
As noted earlier, Alert playback is not finished yet. But this did reveal something I wasn't aware of. I thought that H.264 streaming was starting at the right position but it is obvious now that it is not. I found the way to fix it but it brings along some unwanted side-effects I'll have to work through.

FYI, Edge is capable of streaming H.264 so it does that by default. Firefox can only handle Jpeg streaming for now, which is why it behaves so differently.

Anyway I'll release beta 3 soon and alert playback will be more functional, although when streaming jpegs you will be unable to seek outside the boundaries of the alert, just like in UI2. When streaming H.264 you will be able to seek outside the boundaries of the alert, just like in the Blue Iris console and official mobile apps. The final goal is for both streaming methods to let you seek outside the boundaries of the alert because this is how Blue Iris has always done it, but to achieve this it will take cooperation from Ken.

My Blue Iris server hovers at ~50%, 2G out of 8G RAM. There are CPU spikes when I switch streaming mode.

I'm not able to crash Blue Iris every time so I don't know what exact factors is causing it.
Well this isn't good. Ken doesn't like it when Blue Iris crashes because of something the web UI is doing :)

It used to be fairly easy to do on an overloaded system if you changed clips rapidly.

About how quickly are you changing streaming modes? Once per second? Twice per second? What video is playing at the time? A group? Single camera? Clip?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Version b3 is uploaded and linked in the first post.

H.264 alert playback is (in theory) correct now, though its playback time and duration readouts are still wrong. Jpeg alert playback is working like it does in UI2 ... that is to say it should begin at the correct time and you can't play outside the bounds of the alert. This is most likely going to change before the official release of the UI.