Blue Iris UI3

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
hmmm....you must have something wrong or missing in your www folder. I just tested both IE and FF and mine work fine. Check and see if you have a default.htm in your www folder in BI

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
BTW, once you figure out how to setup UI3 you will not look back. There are several settings you can adjust in BI webserver to fix your issue.

sbug

n3wb
Reaction score
Getting this new error with the new UI3 installed with 4.7.2. I click ok, it goes away for a few seconds and then pops up again.

Blue Iris error.jpg

sbug

n3wb
Reaction score
Nope. Shows up as soon as I login. Didn't happen with the previous build 8 that I manually installed. I deleted the www folder and then installed the new 4.7.2 just to be sure things were "fresh".

Curious. That is happening in the hotkey handler. Is there a specific key you press to make this happen?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope. Shows up as soon as I login. Didn't happen with the previous build 8 that I manually installed. I deleted the www folder and then installed the new 4.7.2 just to be sure things were "fresh".
So strange. Does it happen in other browsers?

Can you nail down anything specific that causes it?

I've never seen this happen in any browser, not even firefox right now.

It should be fixed in the next update, but it would be good to know why your keydown event is being raised without a key being pressed.

sbug

n3wb
Reaction score
Only Firefox as far as I can tell. I've tried Edge, IE 11, Chrome on Android as well. Is there a more detailed debug log I can send you?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
How do I do that?
In Firefox, CTRL + SHIFT + K should bring it up straight to the console tab.

I'm a UI3 newb... How do I control audio?
Audio controls are in the lower left corner. They do not appear if your streaming mode is any of the Jpeg options. If there is a line through the speaker icon it means the current stream doesn't have audio. Otherwise the icon is color-coded by status. Gray = idle. Yellow = buffering. Green = playing.

upload_2018-4-23_20-57-19.png

One other thing, if you set the volume to 0, UI3 will get the stream without audio, and this saves some bandwidth. The audio compression is extremely unsophisticated and not very efficient with bandwidth.

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi bp2008, just wanted to congratulate you on the UI. Its fantastic! I love it

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Audio controls are in the lower left corner. They do not appear if your streaming mode is any of the Jpeg options. If there is a line through the speaker icon it means the current stream doesn't have audio. Otherwise the icon is color-coded by status. Gray = idle. Yellow = buffering. Green = playing.
Duh. Don't know how I missed that earlier. Thank you.

sbug

n3wb
Reaction score
Something strange. I'm no longer getting that Hotkey error. I've done nothing to Firefox. My CPU usage with Blue Iris was pretty high at 80%.
I found out that Win7 service mode wasn't compatible with hardware acceleration (disappointing the help file doesn't mention this, nor did Ken
when he replied to my email, he only said that some cameras weren't compatible. You'd think that would be the first question on a checklist.).
So I unticked the service mode box and let it reboot. How did the lack of hardware acceleration and my relatively high cpu use cough up that
error??

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@sbug I doubt the javascript error had anything to do with Blue Iris, honestly, since it was caused by keyDown events being raised in your web browser, without a key code being provided (how that happens, I may never know).

As far as anyone knows, Ken doesn't read Blue Iris forums at all so it does not surprise me that some things which are fairly common knowledge here might not be at the top of his head so to speak.

Tuckerdude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey bp..I hope you are well!

So as mentioned, I have migrated all my BI installs to the new UI3 and I love it. I have a small request which I think "should" be easy to implement...but I could be wrong.

Is there any easy way in the preferences section add a toggle to change the mouse scroll wheel zoom direction? Meaning that if you scroll the mouse-wheel back, it zooms the view, versus the other way around (which is how it works at the moment).

It's a nit, I know! But I guess I've gotten used to that behavior from the old UI and constantly make the mistake of scrolling in the wrong direction.

Again, It's a small point..and if not easy to implement, then I will just get used to it! Thanks again for all the great work!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@Tuckerdude

Hey. I am well, thanks.

I guess it is kind of like the great toilet paper debate, except in this case there actually is a de-facto standard, which UI3 follows. Maddeningly, Blue Iris's local console does it backwards by default, though it can be changed via Blue Iris Options > Other > Reverse mouse scroll wheel sense.

I recommend re-training yourself to wheel-zoom the way most of the world does it, to save yourself future pain. That said, it is super easy to implement a toggle switch so I'll go ahead and do that for the next release. You'll find the button in the "Extra" section at the bottom of the UI settings panel. Hopefully people don't just go through and toggle it for no reason like they're always doing for the context menu compatibility mode :)

Tuckerdude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ha Ha....Thanks man you are great!

Funny thing about what you said....I know what you mean by the "rest of the world" using the de-facto standard, because I use a lot of software and they all do it the way you have implemented. It may just come down to "muscle-memory" with Blue Iris, because I just somehow associate BI with that way of zooming, versus all the other software (3D authoring, gaming, paint programs) that I somehow naturally know to use the scroll wheel the right way.

In any case, I DO appreciate the willingness to all the setting...much obliged!