Blue Iris System Monitoring?

usafltg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi everyone -

I already have a Blue Iris camera system on the complete exterior of my home monitoring all access points in or out of the house. I do not have an actual "security system." Are there any monitoring services that are cheap and can just monitor my surveilance system without the need of adding actual alarms, motion sensors, keypads etc to the house and / or tie into police / fire that will qualify for a home insurance discount?

I'm just trying to figure out the options here because there's no way in hell i'm ripping and replacing my camera monitoring system. I have 24/7 surveillance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone -

I already have a Blue Iris camera system on the complete exterior of my home monitoring all access points in or out of the house. I do not have an actual "security system." Are there any monitoring services that are cheap and can just monitor my surveilance system without the need of adding actual alarms, motion sensors, keypads etc to the house and / or tie into police / fire that will qualify for a home insurance discount?

I'm just trying to figure out the options here because there's no way in hell i'm ripping and replacing my camera monitoring system. I have 24/7 surveillance.
Any of those services will be expensive. See the threads on ring alarm.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Simply Safe works well also. It has cell phone backup.

usafltg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
None of these will work, because I want an company that will take on monitoring my blue iris camera system in addition to installing their alarm. I can't seem to find anyone who will monitor an already setup blue iris system.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
None of these will work, because I want an company that will take on monitoring my blue iris camera system in addition to installing their alarm. I can't seem to find anyone who will monitor an already setup blue iris system.
Check out Remote Video Surveillance Monitoring Service Boca Raton - Live Cameras he is a member of this forum. @bababouy
That said if you can afford to thousands of dollars a year that this type of monitoring Will cost you I don’t see why you can’t simply buy an NVR and running alongside your blue Iris system at the same time.
I think there might be some confusion because it’s likely that you’re not looking for monitoring but rather remote alarm verification. Where they dont monitor your cameras but rather only look at them once the alarm is triggered to verify the event. Regardless, you wont get any additional insurance discount over a monitored alarm system.
Finally, dont create two threads on the same subject. It just creates a mess. Ironically, in your other thread you claim to want to add an alarm. You need to make up your mind.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For local availability and pricing, you might consider this:
  • Go to the Better Business Bureau here.
  • Up at the top, type in to search for "security system monitors" and type in your city, state.
  • I suggest you deal only with the ones accredited by the BBB and with an A+ rating.

usafltg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Check out Remote Video Surveillance Monitoring Service Boca Raton - Live Cameras he is a member of this forum. @bababouy
That said if you can afford to thousands of dollars a year that this type of monitoring Will cost you I don’t see why you can’t simply buy an NVR and running alongside your blue Iris system at the same time.
I think there might be some confusion because it’s likely that you’re not looking for monitoring but rather remote alarm verification. Where they dont monitor your cameras but rather only look at them once the alarm is triggered to verify the event. Regardless, you wont get any additional insurance discount over a monitored alarm system.
Finally, dont create two threads on the same subject. It just creates a mess. Ironically, in your other thread you claim to want to add an alarm. You need to make up your mind.
Yeah I already mentioned I didn't mean to create 2 threads, but I realized I had posted it in the wrong area.

The truth is, I don't know what I need. I just switch insurance companies as it was cheaper to go that route, and they said hey we can get you more of a discount on your home if you have an alarm system but we need a certificate. My insurance company wants a certificate saying I have an alarm system or are being monitored, but I don't know what all that means as far as basic requirements which is all I'm trying to satisfy right now. I don't need a really robust system on our house, just something that satisfies the requirement and ties to the police and / or fire department.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The truth is, I don't know what I need. My insurance company wants a certificate saying I have an alarm system or are being monitored. I don't know what all that means as far as basic requirements which is all I'm trying to satisfy right now. I don't need a really robust system on our house, just something that satisfies the requirement and ties to the police and / or fire department.
Perhaps someone you can find from my post #7 can interview you, answer your questions and tell you what's available, what they offer, how it works, cost, etc.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
[
Yeah I already mentioned I didn't mean to create 2 threads, but I realized I had posted it in the wrong area.

The truth is, I don't know what I need. I just switch insurance companies as it was cheaper to go that route, and they said hey we can get you more of a discount on your home if you have an alarm system but we need a certificate. My insurance company wants a certificate saying I have an alarm system or are being monitored, but I don't know what all that means as far as basic requirements which is all I'm trying to satisfy right now. I don't need a really robust system on our house, just something that satisfies the requirement and ties to the police and / or fire department.
Then you need a ring alarm. Costco has a 10 piece kit for 229. Monitoring is 100 bux for the entire year.