Blue Iris suddenly says it's in evaluation mode, and I have no more days left.

Sparqster

n3wb
Reaction score
We really need a way to organize our software keys. I accidentally entered the wrong key into one of my clients systems and now they both show evaluation even though they have been corrected. Is there any way to see what IP is associated with the license key. Is there any way to add (after purchase) a name or identifier for the license. We really need this ability if we have several licenses! If you purchase one through IPCAMTALK then you can add a note and look under order details to see it. If you forget to put something in there you have to find the keys and document them somewhere in your million files already. Please give us a way to identify the location or business with the key. Thanks, Sparq

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
We really need a way to organize our software keys. I accidentally entered the wrong key into one of my clients systems and now they both show evaluation even though they have been corrected. Is there any way to see what IP is associated with the license key. Is there any way to add (after purchase) a name or identifier for the license. We really need this ability if we have several licenses! If you purchase one through IPCAMTALK then you can add a note and look under order details to see it. If you forget to put something in there you have to find the keys and document them somewhere in your million files already. Please give us a way to identify the location or business with the key. Thanks, Sparq

Reaction score
The developer for BI does not look at these threads.

If you really want him to action your request, you need to send it to the BI email address that is in the HELP files.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Jeez, you’re complaining about mismanagement from your side. Surely if you’ve based a business around BI then you need to give some thought on how you as a business manage the license keys ie do you manage them or put that onus back onto the customer? I assume that if your customers are paying some sort of monthly charge to you then the onus is on you?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe I caught it at a good time but an hour or so ago I clicked on upgrade/renew and entered the key from my latest renewal and it got rid of the evaluation version.

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, I am in evaluation mode as well now. BI has not been successful in checking for updates lately, so I assume this is a related issue to the website being down?

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Until the site issues are resolved... seems like the best practice at this time is to get yourself out of eval mode (if possible), then block your BI server from the Internet. Sure, you will not have off-site access, but the rest of the system will function.

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Until the site issues are resolved... seems like the best practice at this time is to get yourself out of eval mode (if possible), then block your BI server from the Internet. Sure, you will not have off-site access, but the rest of the system will function.
I don’t see how there is a way to get out of evaluation mode considering the one way to do that, is inaccessible. Unless there is something I’m not understanding.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I inputted my last renewel key and it dropped the eval mode. I got this from another guy on the forum in another post. Not sure it's the total fix...but its a patch for now....

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, I just did that and it worked. I tried that earlier (must have been using the wrong key) and it said something like “this key is already registered”.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Reaction score
I put my key in and I get a Thank you for registering but still in Eval mode and my extended support key doesn‘t work.

I understand the need to check for piracy but my system shouldn’t revert to Eval mode because of something I didn’t do.

TRLcam

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Same issue. Re-installing the key did not fix the problem.

update......just tried it again and it worked.

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like the Blue Iris website has been compromised. Forums are down as well. Not good!!! IMG_2298.jpeg