Blue Iris restart every 24hours

rebelbah

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a way to get BI to automatically restart every 24 hours, some of my cameras drop out at various times

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a way to get BI to automatically restart every 24 hours, some of my cameras drop out at various times
Does restarting the "drop out" cam from within BI seem to alleviate the issue until the next time?
If so, each cam's "watchdog" function in BI can be utilized instead of restarting BI.

BTW, are those wireless cams and what have you done so far to mitigate the frequent drop outs?

rebelbah

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does restarting the "drop out" cam from within BI seem to alleviate the issue until the next time?
If so, each cam's "watchdog" function in BI can be utilized instead of restarting BI.

BTW, are those wireless cams and what have you done so far to mitigate the frequent drop outs?
I will try that, thank you for the quick response
Edit - they are wired cameras, I would restart the camera and sometimes the computer, this system has only been running a few months

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think there is a built-in way to restart Blue Iris periodically. You'd need to google for a way to restart a Windows service on a schedule.

Blue Iris is designed to be able to restart problematic camera instances automatically. 99% of the time this happens without any special configuration. For that last 1% you may need to right click the camera and go to Camera settings > Watchdog tab, and check the box to "Restart camera window after # timeouts". I'd set it to 1 timeout.

canmark

n3wb
Reaction score
If you are running Blue Iris as a service in Windows you can set it to restart the computer with Task Scheduler.
I use this to restart every 24 hours
I have Amcrest cameras and I have them reboot every 24 hours also through the camera software