Blue Iris Remote connectivity with VPN

AdySan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would like to get remote access to my BI server via the iOS app without doing any port forwarding, just using VPN to connect to my home network remotely. When I'm on LTE, I connect to my home VPN and can access BI via the browser. However the iOS app refuses to connect. I think what is happening is, since I'm not on WiFi, the iOS app doesnt even try to connect to the local 192.168.10.x IP address, just throws and error "Check Network Availability".

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to get remote access to my BI server via the iOS app without doing any port forwarding, just using VPN to connect to my home network remotely. When I'm on LTE, I connect to my home VPN and can access BI via the browser. However the iOS app refuses to connect. I think what is happening is, since I'm not on WiFi, the iOS app doesnt even try to connect to the local 192.168.10.x IP address, just throws and error "Check Network Availability".
Enter the local IP in both wan and lan Fields

AdySan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also, interesting thing is that even when on home wifi, the app does not connect until I entered my WAN IP, and I haven't forwarded any ports yet.

AdySan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One additional question though fenderman, for Push notifications to work, so I need to open any ports? I suppose pushing traffic from BI to the internet shouldn't need any port forwarding, isn't it?

Sweet, that was the issue, works now! Thanks so much!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
One additional question though fenderman, for Push notifications to work, so I need to open any ports? I suppose pushing traffic from BI to the internet shouldn't need any port forwarding, isn't it?
Test it ...it will work.