Blue Iris Release 5.6.0.4 Crashed My System

MarkusAgustus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

Is anyone else having problems after installing Release 5.6.0.4? BI was running fine before I ran the update and now a message box pops up and states "Lost Connection to service [2]" or "The service may not be initializing properly or quickly enough; try again in 30 seconds and reboot PC if this persists", or "Fatal error attempting to reconnect to local service." Press "OK" and Blue Iris crashes. I've rebooted multiple times, no difference.

I've sent Blue Iris an email but being Saturday and my usual response time has been days to weeks I'm looking for other options.

Is there a way to revert to the previous version? If so, can you point me to a help file or similar?

Thank you.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

Is anyone else having problems after installing Release 5.6.0.4? BI was running fine before I ran the update and now a message box pops up and states "Lost Connection to service [2]" or "The service may not be initializing properly or quickly enough; try again in 30 seconds and reboot PC if this persists", or "Fatal error attempting to reconnect to local service." Press "OK" and Blue Iris crashes. I've rebooted multiple times, no difference.

I've sent Blue Iris an email but being Saturday and my usual response time has been days to weeks I'm looking for other options.

Is there a way to revert to the previous version? If so, can you point me to a help file or similar?

Thank you.
Yes, here ==>> 5.6.0.4 won't start service...stay away

Go here, download and install previous version or same as you had ==>> Blue Iris Software Updates

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you.
A help file is built into Blue Iris, Click on the big question mark at the top of the BI window.
It is recommended reading.
Turn off auto updates, if you haven't.

MarkusAgustus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There are bugs in any version of 5.6.0. Dont update until the version has been deemed stable. These early releases are not intended for production systems.
Yup, I have to pay closer attention. Blue Iris has been running great for me, basically since I got it earlier this year. So when I saw the update I didn't even read it... I just installed it. Boom!

klaymon

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been using this in multiple sites and I had 2 of them go down due to this latest update cycle. Been working great for months previous. Definitely something up with the 5.6 series. I changed all my sites to use only critical and highly stable updates just now.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a little update note, if you are running 5.6.0.6 you should really do a repair/regenerate of your clips to get it fixed to accommodate the new clip list structure. In my case it took very little time compared to the old process. My alerts were showing ok only when "all cameras" was selected. If I chose another group I had almost no clips. However, after the repair/regenerate this version seems to be working ok.

Reaction score
FWIW, I just rolled back from 5.6.0.7 to 5.5.9.6. When I upgraded to 5.6.0.7, clips from that point forward no longer appeared. Clips prior to the upgrade continued to show, and alerts appeared, however. I hadn't done a DB repair/regenerate yet, but was about to....right until I read this thread.

While researching, I found this thread, and just happened to open it.

As far as I can recall, this is the first time I've run into an issue after an upgrade. I'll do more digging prior to an upgrade, and, will test more features after one.

Last edited: