Blue Iris Object Detection query

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Quick question re object detection. I activated it and it appears to have killed motion detection for objects that stay within a single zone without crossing zones. Can anyone confirm or deny if BI reads that setting as object travels X pixels on substream AND crosses zones. Is there a way to set it so I get an additional trigger if an object crosses zones in addition to just moving within a single zone?

Benny1959

n3wb
Reaction score
Quick question re object detection. I activated it and it appears to have killed motion detection for objects that stay within a single zone without crossing zones. Can anyone confirm or deny if BI reads that setting as object travels X pixels on substream AND crosses zones. Is there a way to set it so I get an additional trigger if an object crosses zones in addition to just moving within a single zone?
I have the exact same question. Is there an AND between those two parameters?

Reaction score
Similar issue here. When I use "zones and hotspot" AND object detection with pixels but not zone crossing at the same time, nothing ever gets triggered. Even if object detection is set 1 pixel. So the question is, are zones/hotspot and object detection mutually exclusive and can only use one or the other?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Similar issue here. When I use "zones and hotspot" AND object detection with pixels but not zone crossing at the same time, nothing ever gets triggered. Even if object detection is set 1 pixel. So the question is, are zones/hotspot and object detection mutually exclusive and can only use one or the other?
They are not you have something else set incorrectly. First thing to do is change the algorithm from edge vector to simple.