Blue Iris + NVR

sydnew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi All.

I m currently Using Blue Iris for Recording 16 cameras and 4ch 960H DVR for remote viewing using Cloud P2P because all ISP here are cgnat based. Since ISP here blocked the port for remote viewing I m planning to buy a 16ch NVR with Cloud P2P to view all my camera. My question is can I use my 16 IP camera on blue Iris(Recording)and NVR(remote viewing) at the same time? I dont want to give up blue iris because it easier to work with than NVR. My IP Cameras consist of 4 Dahua 4 Hikvision plus a bunch of 1MP Board Camera all working perfectly in BI. thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All.

I m currently Using Blue Iris for Recording 16 cameras and 4ch 960H DVR for remote viewing using Cloud P2P because all ISP here are cgnat based. Since ISP here blocked the port for remote viewing I m planning to buy a 16ch NVR with Cloud P2P to view all my camera. My question is can I use my 16 IP camera on blue Iris(Recording)and NVR(remote viewing) at the same time? I dont want to give up blue iris because it easier to work with than NVR. My IP Cameras consist of 4 Dahua 4 Hikvision plus a bunch of 1MP Board Camera all working perfectly in BI. thanks.
you dont need to use an nvr just for the p2p....there are other options like hamachi and ngrok

sydnew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
you dont need to use an nvr just for the p2p....there are other options like hamachi and ngrok
Wow I m not aware of this!.

Do we have wiki for this for those using VPN for remote viewing? I m not techie myself but I can study it for whole day.

Still, cant believe I use my PC-DVR Geovision Card the whole time without using its remote viewing while there are other option.
Practical Tech Tips: Remote View CCTV With Hamachi

thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow I m not aware of this!.

Do we have wiki for this for those using VPN for remote viewing? I m not techie myself but I can study it for whole day.

Still, cant believe I use my PC-DVR Geovision Card the whole time without using its remote viewing while there are other option.
Practical Tech Tips: Remote View CCTV With Hamachi

thanks!
There is no wiki for hamachi...there is a thread for openvpn via asus but that wont work for you. It reletively easy...the tricky part is setting it up on your phone as there is no client available..you need to use the built in vpn client on the phone.

sydnew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi! sorry to bother you again I m just gonna ask if all VPN setup are the same? cause I just recently tried this Manual L2TP Setup on TP-LINK WR740N Router to work to my similar router since yesterday and now I think I m connected now to VPN (I have different IP now). So all i need to do is to purchase Hamachi subscription and replace Server IP Address with new VPN Server in my router?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi! sorry to bother you again I m just gonna ask if all VPN setup are the same? cause I just recently tried this Manual L2TP Setup on TP-LINK WR740N Router to work to my similar router since yesterday and now I think I m connected now to VPN (I have different IP now). So all i need to do is to purchase Hamachi subscription and replace Server IP Address with new VPN Server in my router?
that router does not support vpn, just vpn passthough...dont know what you did but its not vpn...if you were able to actually setup a vpn then port forwarding would have worked in the first place as the vpn requires a routerable ip address and a port.
hamachi is free.

sydnew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I m finish installing Hamachi and didnt expect it similar to Teamviewer. I m looking for similar solution like hik ivms 4500 or BI app that you can easily tap. Anyway thanks for the help, by the way regarding my initial question is it possible to stream my 16 IP camera on both Blue Iris and NVR?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I m finish installing Hamachi and didnt expect it similar to Teamviewer. I m looking for similar solution like hik ivms 4500 or BI app that you can easily tap. Anyway thanks for the help, by the way regarding my initial question is it possible to stream my 16 IP camera on both Blue Iris and NVR?
yes you can stream the cameras to both blue iris and NVR...
p2p is not secure and i doubt you want your network security to a china company.