Blue Iris not triggering alerts when it is at night time

ercchen

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Recently, i've noticed that my blue iris isn't triggering any alerts during the night time. During the day, there are many alerts but once it gets to night time and throughout the entire night, no alerts get triggered even though I reviewed the video and see people walk by.

I'm using the motion sensor and have object detection and zones and hot spots set up.

Any reason why at night time it won't make an alert? Thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

Recently, i've noticed that my blue iris isn't triggering any alerts during the night time. During the day, there are many alerts but once it gets to night time and throughout the entire night, no alerts get triggered even though I reviewed the video and see people walk by.

I'm using the motion sensor and have object detection and zones and hot spots set up.

Any reason why at night time it won't make an alert? Thank you.
Post your settings..are you using a different profile for night time?

ercchen

n3wb
Reaction score
Post your settings..are you using a different profile for night time?
hi fenderman,

i currently have motion sensor checked and my min object size is 550, and min contrast is 40.

i'm using object detection to trigger when the object travels 100 pixels. It is pretty much the defaults that I haven't touched.

Do you suggest lowering these values to make it more sensitive? It was picking up these alerts last week but the past few days it hasn't triggered it.

I am not using a different profile for night time. I am recording continuously.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
By using different profiles you can have different settings for day and night...you can even have blue iris change settings relative to sunrise sunset..so for example, you can have the night profile kick in 30 min after sunset..