Blue Iris low FPS since 4.1.x Update

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well for what ever it's worth, my cameras were defaulted at 1/3.... So this exposure rate I changed.... What exactly is it? And i have spent a decent amount of money between the laptop, the Poe+ switch and the 3 cameras..... So I'm hoping to get the best possible out of them..... I'm really hoping the 6th gen i7 is going to help out with all the stress and video play back and recording.... Thanks again.... These are my first cameras and they look really really good.... I was tempted going with the 3mp but I like the more wide angle view I get from the rock solid 1080 :) thanks again my friend....
Search the forum for exposure time and you will find many posts discussing the topic. As far as the laptop, its not really an ideal choice for a 24/7 nvr. Most important downside is that they cant be set to power on after an extended outage (at least not the systems ive seen). Also no expansion for storage and generally come with slow 5400rpm drives. Also note that laptop processors are generally very weak compared to desktops and blue iris requires a good amount of cpu power.