Blue Iris low FPS since 4.1.x Update

aligar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been using Blueiris for ages with no problems.
I have seven HD cameras feeding into it (RTSP stream), five IPCC-B10 + one foscam + one Hikvision.
I have had around 44% CPU usage on server and all cameras running stable 20fps even while recording

The problem is since updating Blueiris (with v4.1.x or possibly 4.2.0) the frame rates are completely erratic and range from 0fps-20fps, and CPU use is now only 22% (have checked all cores (AMD HexCore))

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

aligar

n3wb
Reaction score
yes its a shame as it has been rock solid through various updates and I upgraded from v3.0 to v4.0 a while back... I have also clean installed on another PC (intel i7 based) but same effects, it is also not a bandwidth issue as I can use multiple instances of VLC to open all the same streams on that PC :(

I have faith someone will know the answer!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes its a shame as it has been rock solid through various updates and I upgraded from v3.0 to v4.0 a while back... I have also clean installed on another PC (intel i7 based) but same effects, it is also not a bandwidth issue as I can use multiple instances of VLC to open all the same streams on that PC :(

I have faith someone will know the answer!
I would report it to support and in the interim downgrade to 4.1.9
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvakzdl6h5kgel3/update64 (74).exe?dl=0

aligar

n3wb
Reaction score
I emailed support and gave access to one of the cameras as it showed erratic frame rate with just one camera.

As always a very prompt response.

It is that the cheap camera I have gives a malformed rtsp packet after a keep alive.... A workaround will be released soon....

This is why I really like this software... Will repost with versions when all fixed

Detr0yt

n3wb
Reaction score
I know this thread has been dead for 2 months now.... But I'm brand new to blue iris.... I just recently decided to build my own system

Laptop dedicated strictly for cameras

Toshiba laptop with 6th gen i7
8 gig ram ddr3 1600 MHz
1tb hard drive (5500 rpm) :-/
1 Gb Ethernet interface

3x Trendnet ip311pi 3mp cameras

8 port linksys Poe+ gb switch

The pictures on these things are pretty crisp...
My question is.....

These cameras are all set up the same but have eradict fps

Right now currently one is at a constant 30fps,
And the othe 2 are at 15 fps! I can not get them to change for the life of me....
What gives?

I have server hooked up as well and can connect just fine inside and outside of my network.....

Thanks guys and girls

Detr0yt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey there @fenderman,
I was running the demo for about 36 hours, I bought the full version and app last night.... i still haven't mounted or fully installed any cameras... Just been trouble shooting and experimenting with stuff.... Just wondering if it's anything I have set up or if it's the cameras.... But the fps is what's killing me ....

@Detr0yt Welcome to the forum. Are you running the demo?

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you install the license key? What cameras are you using? Are they hard wired?

Detr0yt

n3wb
Reaction score
Would this fall under " max exposure time" ? Cause I did find something in my settings that starts off at 1/3, 1/6,1/12,1/30,1/60.... And they keep doubling all the way to 1/10000

Detr0yt

n3wb
Reaction score
Mr. Fenderman, I'd shake your hand and buy you beer all night! Thank you thank you thank you! Worked perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Detr0yt

n3wb
Reaction score
One more question...... If I was to say go with the 3mp resolution..... What choice would I use then or would it still be 1/30 ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
One more question...... If I was to say go with the 3mp resolution..... What choice would I use then or would it still be 1/30 ?
Yes, 1/30 is the default and best for most applications. Going to 1/12 would cause tons of motion blur at night.
Also note that 30fps is overkill for almost all applications. 15fps is way more than sufficient.

Detr0yt

n3wb
Reaction score
Well for what ever it's worth, my cameras were defaulted at 1/3.... So this exposure rate I changed.... What exactly is it? And i have spent a decent amount of money between the laptop, the Poe+ switch and the 3 cameras..... So I'm hoping to get the best possible out of them..... I'm really hoping the 6th gen i7 is going to help out with all the stress and video play back and recording.... Thanks again.... These are my first cameras and they look really really good.... I was tempted going with the 3mp but I like the more wide angle view I get from the rock solid 1080 :) thanks again my friend....