Blue Iris is buggy and not user friendly.

MistaBeak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've had Blue Iris for a few years now and whenever i have to re-install my cameras from a reset it is the biggest pain in the ass. Now it won't re-install any of the cameras I have previously installed . The associated mobile apps and browser views that come with the cameras work just fine. But BI can't see the cameras. If it is so easy with the camera software why the hell can't BI see them. One is a Foscam and the other is a VStar cam. Both, with difficulty had been enabled before.
Same goes for the BI Android app. Most of the time it doesn't work and I resort to the apps associated with the manufacturer which 95% of the time work. Getting real fed up with this BS.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've had Blue Iris for a few years now and whenever i have to re-install my cameras from a reset it is the biggest pain in the ass. Now it won't re-install any of the cameras I have previously installed . The associated mobile apps and browser views that come with the cameras work just fine. But BI can't see the cameras. If it is so easy with the camera software why the hell can't BI see them. One is a Foscam and the other is a VStar cam. Both, with difficulty had been enabled before.
Same goes for the BI Android app. Most of the time it doesn't work and I resort to the apps associated with the manufacturer which 95% of the time work. Getting real fed up with this BS.
A little birdie told me that blue iris is really fed up with your BS! YOU are inept. That is not a blue iris problem. Why would you have to "reinstall" your cameras? You do understand you can export all your settings with a click of a button. Why is it a regular thing for you to "reset" your system that is not normal. BI cant see the cameras because you just dont know what the hell you are doing. It is not magical software, you need to enter the proper info for BI to know where to look. The blue iris app works great - providing you have an IQ over 10.
Since you are fed up, move on to a new vms. You wont have ANY issues with those:rolleyes: many of them have MUCH less options so they are more "user friendly" and magically set everything up for you by way of a fairy.

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The only time BI has failed for me is when the UPS dies on a power outage. I have had zero problem with the android app. All is good. I use POE Dahua and Hikvision cameras, all POE switches are on UPS.

I love complaints with absolute no details to define the problem. What an ass.

BigFoot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm still on pre-install but I'm reading & re-reading the manual & associated documentation - both of which are very comprehensive

Hence, my reply to the OP would be, with all due respect RTFM !!

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Your avatar suits you perfectly, i guess..

2 hints... Export settings, Re-import settings...