Blue Iris Installers UK

taransingh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

May I introduce myself as an operator of multiple premises within the UK.

We have Blue Iris systems installed across all of our premises, however the installer has incorrectly set up the system and we regularly have issues with cameras having no signal and footage not being recorded.

We have invested heavily in the hardware for the PCs running blue iris and the IP cameras.

We are currently seeking to have a knowledgeable installer re-do the systems at all our sites to ensure that the functioning properly.

We are happy to discuss changing software, however as we have already invested in the hardware we wouldn't be seeking a full refit.

Does anyone know of any UK based installers that would be able to assist?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

May I introduce myself as an operator of multiple premises within the UK.

We have Blue Iris systems installed across all of our premises, however the installer has incorrectly set up the system and we regularly have issues with cameras having no signal and footage not being recorded.

We have invested heavily in the hardware for the PCs running blue iris and the IP cameras.

We are currently seeking to have a knowledgeable installer re-do the systems at all our sites to ensure that the functioning properly.

We are happy to discuss changing software, however as we have already invested in the hardware we wouldn't be seeking a full refit.

Does anyone know of any UK based installers that would be able to assist?

Thanks!
Are you having two distinct problems 1) losing signal and 2) footage not being recorded? or is 2 the result of 1?
Are all your cameras hard wired? What brand and models?

Blue iris inexpensive at 60 dollars so its a negligible loss even if you have multiple locations, and you can reuse all your hardware if you want to move to another vms. That said, if you are losing signal its not a blue iris issue. Its a network/cable/camera issue.

taransingh

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you having two distinct problems 1) losing signal and 2) footage not being recorded? or is 2 the result of 1?
Are all your cameras hard wired? What brand and models?

Blue iris inexpensive at 60 dollars so its a negligible loss even if you have multiple locations, and you can reuse all your hardware if you want to move to another vms. That said, if you are losing signal its not a blue iris issue. Its a network/cable/camera issue.
Are there any VMS systems that you would recommend?
We are looking for a system that can be used reliably across multiple locations, we are not entirely confident with the setup of Blueiris, although it may be good software, we feel that the installer has lack of experience in its use.
We would also seek someone to test the cable connections for all cameras

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are there any VMS systems that you would recommend?
We are looking for a system that can be used reliably across multiple locations, we are not entirely confident with the setup of Blueiris, although it may be good software, we feel that the installer has lack of experience in its use.
We would also seek someone to test the cable connections for all cameras
You have a hardware issue so switching vms will not help.
What makes you think you will be able to use another vms without issue?
If you answer the other questions I posed I can direct you.

NX witness is about 80-90 per camera and a good commercial vms.

taransingh

n3wb
Reaction score
You have a hardware issue so switching vms will not help.
What makes you think you will be able to use another vms without issue?
If you answer the other questions I posed I can direct you.

NX witness is about 80-90 per camera and a good commercial vms.
We really need someone that can come and do an overhaul of the entire system to see what is working and can remain and what needs to be changed out.

We are having issues with the cameras not being backed up, I do receive the imagery from the cameras and any no signal issues are very rare, it is predominantly the recording and backups that are the issue, and I suspect that it is an issue with the way the installer has setup blue iris.

All cameras are hardwired and although there are some different brands used, they are predominantly ANPVIZ cameras, I am unsure on the models but they are all dome IP cameras

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
We really need someone that can come and do an overhaul of the entire system to see what is working and can remain and what needs to be changed out.

We are having issues with the cameras not being backed up, I do receive the imagery from the cameras and any no signal issues are very rare, it is predominantly the recording and backups that are the issue, and I suspect that it is an issue with the way the installer has setup blue iris.

All cameras are hardwired and although there are some different brands used, they are predominantly ANPVIZ cameras, I am unsure on the models but they are all dome IP cameras
Blue iris is not something most commercial installers are familiar with. Contact NX witness and find a certified partner. Build Better Video Services with Network Optix
Understand that this is not cheap and in addition to the per camera license you will pay a hefty fee for the setup and service.
Alternatively you can take a few hours to learn the basics of blue iris.