Blue Iris imposed on a television channel

garlydog

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a client who want to see his Blue Iris on his television. He DOES NOT want it as an Input Source. He wants it put onto an empty channel, say Channel 465, and then see a screen of all of his cameras. He doesn't want to control it, just watch it. His current TV provider is Direct TV. I know older CCTV systems had this sort of capability. Anybody have an idea for this one?

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not possible. If he is watching Direct TV, then his "TV" is not really a TV, but rather a display device probably on HDMI input 1.

Now if you could get Direct to put it up on their Satellites. Cause that is what he is watching - Satellite TV.

If you were on some older CATV system you and were actually using the Tuner in the TV - you could get a modulator to make a channel.
It was easier and cheap in the NTSC analog days but now you'd need a modulator that uses the OTA US standard of 8VSB modulation (ATSC) or the cable 256 QAM.

Tell him to switch inputs!

garlydog

n3wb
Reaction score
Not possible. If he is watching Direct TV, then his "TV" is not really a TV, but rather a display device probably on HDMI input 1.

Now if you could get Direct to put it up on their Satellites. Cause that is what he is watching - Satellite TV.

If you were on some older CATV system you and were actually using the Tuner in the TV - you could get a modulator to make a channel.
It was easier and cheap in the NTSC analog days but now you'd need a modulator that uses the OTA US standard of 8VSB modulation (ATSC) or the cable 256 QAM.

Tell him to switch inputs!
Thanks. That's what I figured and tried to tell him.

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
DirecTV comes in three flavors… 1 satellite 2 internet and 3 streaming.

#2 is via an Android device #3 is any one of third-party streaming devices

not possible as a channel number; perhaps an app on #2 or #3 device which would display on tv