Blue Iris Extended Support Auto Renewal

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow go easy guy...Why so Harsh.......your going to get a bad rap.
Do you think I care? Don’t like it leave and don’t let the door hit you on your way out. I will call our folks who can’t follow directions particularly those who tried to save by choosing annual renewal and did follow directions to cancel.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That’s because you went to the incorrect place. If your went to the link I sent it would take 2 seconds.
On the blue iris website there were always 3 options. Priority support, a one time fee, or annual renewal. If you chose the annual renewal to save 5 bux and only woke up now that’s your fault.
I went to the link you provided. I did it out of curiosity. I didn't care because I had already cancelled my PayPal automatic payments.
I don't remember different options subscribe vs. one time payment. Because there was a confusing change on how to upgrade BI to v5 I followed what was discussed here and the solution was to get the subscription. I don't remeber trying to save $5. Since this seems to be a hot topic, I guess, many people did the same.

Based on your instructions (link) my experience was exactly like @miles267 's:
Unfortunately I cannot even login to the MyCommerce site to update any of my information. It asks if I want to reset credentials or to get emails for my most previous orders. I then get several emails, none permit me to login. It's a mess.
I posted my solution to use the order number instead of email for login after resetting the password. And you don't like it? Eh?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I went to the link you provided. I did it out of curiosity. I didn't care because I had already cancelled my PayPal automatic payments.
I don't remember different options subscribe vs. one time payment. Because there was a confusing change on how to upgrade BI to v5 I followed what was discussed here and the solution was to get the subscription. I don't remeber trying to save $5. Since this seems to be a hot topic, I guess, many people did the same.

Based on your instructions (link) my experience was exactly like @miles267 's:

I posted my solution to use the order number instead of email for login after resetting the password. And you don't like it? Eh?
You did try to save 5 dollars because the options were very clear on the blue iris site from day one. The fact that you forgot is irrelevant.
Who said anything about not liking it? I simply said following the directions in the link works perfectly fine. My point is next time you want to play the system, remember to cancel right away rather than wait, eh?

Attachments

griffths

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was auto renewed a few weeks ago.

This is my first hands off support extension and I figured I would get a new license key at some point via email but I still have not recieved anything and my end of support date has not extended by the expected one year.

Is this something I should bother BI support with at this time or will my expiration date eventually update automatically?

My current extended support does not expire until Dec 2020 so no urgency at this time, just curious and trying to avoid a rush near the end of my current support cycle

Dwellonroof

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got notification; The next payment for your "Blue Iris Extended Support and Maintenance" subscription is due on 07-JUN-2020. I can log in to the shopper support side but cannot log into MyCommerce no matter what info. I put in.
I also clicked the Request Login/Password and never got a response. I'm going to cancel mainly because they have you locked in and make it either impossible or a lot of hooey to even get in to try!
I'd rather pay Ken personally than to fool with these kind of outfits.

Dwellonroof

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried calling; Customer service contact address: Share-it - Digital River, Inc. 10380 Bren Road West Minnetonka, MN 55343 (952) 253-1234 after a foreign speaking fellow answered he gave me another no. 800-406-4996 that is trying to scam you which gave me another no. 800-712-6600.What kind of outfit is this to work with???? BEWARE!!

Dwellonroof

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I used my CC but must cancel through MyCommerence.
I tried the link to for reset password, it doesn't come for hours and when it arrives I get this;
"Confirmation link is expired. Please request reset password again "
I hope Ken sees this.

griffths

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
...This is my first hands off support extension and I figured I would get a new license key at some point via email but I still have not received anything and my end of support date has not extended by the expected one year....
Answering my own post in case others have the same question as me.

I reached out to BI support and was told that I should have received a new key via email. I don't have any spam filters in place so not sure why I didn't get the original reply from Ken but he included my new key in his response so I am good to go for another year.

There is another thread floating around here about trouble sending to BI support from personal domains and all I can think of is that the email failures are two way meaning that if Ken replies to one of the "broken" domains it won't go through. I ultimately contacted him with my Comcast email and revived his updated reply via the same Comcast email.

SBN

n3wb
Reaction score
Same problems as others reported - requested reset and nothing.

Digital River = BAD MyCommerce = BAD Share-it = BAD

No way to cancel so I removed the subscription in paypal.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My only issue was that my username turned out to have a "-5" appended to the end.

Each time I logged in with my e-mail and password it was refused so I logged back in with my order number and password and eyeballed my user name and there it was...my correct e-mail with a -5 (dash five) added on so I logged out and logged back in this time with the add-on and bang! I'm in.
I went into my account and my e-mail was correct, just the username had that -5 added.
Not sure how that happened but I just changed my records to reflect the -5.
I get their e-mails with no problem, BTW.

Last edited:

MartyM

n3wb
Reaction score
Same problems as others reported - requested reset and nothing.

Digital River = BAD MyCommerce = BAD Share-it = BAD

No way to cancel so I removed the subscription in paypal.
I am in the exact same position as SBN and Dwellonroof.

I received an renewal notification and have tried a dozen times to login with both user name and/or order number. Every time I get a password reset email it says the link is expired.
I have emailed support a number of times and never had a response.
Share-it and mycommerce are one of the worst payment portal systems I have used. And there are tons of bad reviews on trustpilot for both.
And yes fenderman the link you posted shows the order but you still have to login to cancel it.........which with a shitty password reset system makes it impossible.
I hope BI move away from this crap payment system. I'm happy to pay an annual fee, but I need to be able to have control over it. Not some scam like billing company that does not respond to support requests.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Are the problems you guys are having associated with actually paying or trying to cancel?

I’ve seen one post above complaining about the auto renewal but that was the option chosen when you clicked on the link from the BI website. On the payment screen it clearly shows renewal as being automatic?

devastator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cancelling the payment. Luckily it was done via PayPal, so I blocked it there. Trying to recover the password is nearly impossible :)

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Cancelling the payment. Luckily it was done via PayPal, so I blocked it there. Trying to recover the password is nearly impossible :)
What are you going to do re updates bearing in mind that the end of support date determines which version you can now update to.

SBN

n3wb
Reaction score
I was attempting to cancel the auto-renew aspect. I was happy to renew support last year to get access to 5.

Unfortunately Digital River = BAD MyCommerce = BAD Share-it = BAD Auto renewed recently.

I guess I somehow missed the auto-charge wording. (I typically I don't miss commercial things like "auto renew" (AKA neverending cost))

Fast forward a year - I have access to 5 but am afraid to install it as the overwhelming sentiment seems to show that 5 is not yet stable.