Blue Iris Errro : 8000007a no signal

zillah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dear Expert

I have 3 Hikvision Cameras installed at my home and I am using BlueIris one of cameras started showing Error below :

Code:
https://imgur.com/a/g3GPECS
I can ping the ip address for a camera.

I can view web interface for the camera means camera is reachable.

I restarted BlueIris computer

I restarted a linksys router and PoE switch.

What could cause this issue ?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dear Expert

I have 3 Hikvision Cameras installed at my home and I am using BlueIris one of cameras started showing Error below :

Code:
https://imgur.com/a/g3GPECS
I can ping the ip address for a camera.

I can view web interface for the camera means camera is reachable.

I restarted BlueIris computer

I restarted a linksys router and PoE switch.

What could cause this issue ?

Thanks
try disabling hardware acceleration. What cameras?
what have you changed? did you update anything?

zillah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry fenderman I was away from my camera therefore I couldn't reply you

I did as per below and I restarted the software still no luck

Hivision DS-2CD2032-1
3MP IR Bullet Network Camera

The whole system was shut down for about 3 months as i moved house

As far as I am aware no
tripple check the ports password and ipaddress.....

zillah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
tripple check the ports password and ipaddress.....
Thanks fenderman
Although all three cameras have the same password , but for some reason the one that I had problem with it was not let me to login to the web interface
Factory reset it and now everything is working

zillah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi fenderman

Same camera has been resetting so far 3 times,,and now I am experiencing the same error (because of the password) :
8000007a no signal
Basically only one camera out of three keeps resting and keeps losing its assigned password,,,,I don't why !!!

All three cameras have same password ,,,,all three cameras are reachable via ping,,,,,system was up and running so far

Thx

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi fenderman

Same camera has been resetting so far 3 times,,and now I am experiencing the same error (because of the password) :
8000007a no signal
Basically only one camera out of three keeps resting and keeps losing its assigned password,,,,I don't why !!!

All three cameras have same password ,,,,all three cameras are reachable via ping,,,,,system was up and running so far

Thx
they are probably being hacked because you have the exposed to the internet by portwarding/upnp. Disable upnp in your router and on your cameras. Delete all port forward rules that relate to the cameras.

zillah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ohh I see

The interesting thing only one camera out of three has always this issue

Disable upnp in your router and on your cameras. Delete all port forward rules
Are you advising me to do that for a testing purpose to see how it goes ? or I should do it permanently ?

Thx

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ohh I see

The interesting thing only one camera out of three has always this issue

Are you advising me to do that for a testing purpose to see how it goes ? or I should do it permanently ?

Thx
Permanently

zillah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Noted
In this case I won't be able to access it remotely via mobile phone ,,,no issue

zillah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dear fenderman
they are probably being hacked because you have the exposed to the internet by portwarding/upnp
This is what I did on all 3 cameras that I have got (unchecked UPnO)

On my Linksys router I don't have any port forwarding to cameras only for Blue Iris PC

All 3 cameras were working fine today the same camera out of three has the same error :8000007a no signal

Any other suggestion I need to consider ?

Thanks

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Look at the thread I mentioned above, just click and read! You should NEVER port forward anything! You need to implement a VPN, Virtual Private Network, to insure that any vulnerabilities to outside access is a limited as possible. Forwarding a port, even one, and I'll guess it's 81 or 8181, is an open invitation to hackers.

zillah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks awsum
I have port forwarding setup from my Linsys router to the Blue Iris only not to the 3 cameras
Are you advising that I need to replace Blue Iris's port forwarding with VPN ?
Regards

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
If your router is attached to a broadband source, such as the Comtrash, FiOS or such, yes you need to add a VPN to protect things. If a hacker can "see" your PC , which in turn can "see" your cameras, from outside of your LAN he/she can get to your cameras, and everything else on your LAN.

In terms of the camera that's losing it's proverbial mind, it's either been hacked and loaded with a "virus" or is just plain failing. If you have the original firmware available you could try re-flashing the firmware on that specific camera. I have no experience with Hikivision cameras, but there is a whole subject area for Hikivision on this board and I'm sure there's discussion about flashing/loading firmware. I notice that the camera is discontinued but you may also be able to download the firmware from the Hikivision site.

The other trick might be to take it down and attach it using a known, good, patch cable to check for potential wiring/cable problems.

Last edited: