Blue Iris CPU at 100% and drive over allocation

atrain99

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello I have Blue iris up and running with Deepstack AI for alerts via pushover. I have the cameras to constant record. Recently I'm getting drive overallocation and my CPU is at 100% . I've also noticed that the bottlenecking may be causing some of the Deepstack AI alerts to not be pushed.

My PC specs are :
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
16gb ram
Nvidia Gpu RTX 2070 Super
Windows 11 Pro
4Tb Ssd Internal Drive- OP System & BI DB location
2Tb Ssd Internal Drive

I've attached screenshots of my current Blue Iris configs :

Any Help to lower CPU and proper config would be so appreciative -Thanks

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you using the computer for anything else?

Having Windows and BI on a 4TB drive and storage on a smaller 2TB drive isn't taking advantage of the storage you have.

Is anything else on the O drive?

Do you have indexing and system restore turned off on the O drive? If the drive doesn't have anything else but BI video then I suspect you are losing half the drive to system restore images.

Have you done all of the optimizations in the wiki?

atrain99

n3wb
Reaction score

Having Windows and BI on a 4TB drive and storage on a smaller 2TB drive isn't taking advantage of the storage you have.

Do you have indexing and system restore turned off on the O drive? If the drive doesn't have anything else but BI video then I suspect you are losing half the drive to system restore images.

Hello and thanks for responding so I am not using the pc for anything else . The “o” drive is only used for BI And I will take a look to see if those restore settings are on . I am gonna go through the wiki and the current config I have is from a YouTube channel I saw some videos on in regards to BI configs .

For the indexing and system restore settings of my “o” drive where would I find those to check and turn them off ?
Thanks