blue iris connection drops

tomwi

n3wb
Reaction score
I had been using xprotect go in the past with very few issues, but reaching my cam limits. I purchased blue iris and made the transition pretty easily. Overall I like the blue iris software. The only major issue I am having is that cameras lose connection all the time. Each day when I mlog in a new camera is not connected and showing a still image or blank image. I can reboot the cameras and get them to reconnect, but I am obviously losing footage. Nothing has changed on my network from xprotect to blue iris. What may be causing this?

Thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had been using xprotect go in the past with very few issues, but reaching my cam limits. I purchased blue iris and made the transition pretty easily. Overall I like the blue iris software. The only major issue I am having is that cameras lose connection all the time. Each day when I mlog in a new camera is not connected and showing a still image or blank image. I can reboot the cameras and get them to reconnect, but I am obviously losing footage. Nothing has changed on my network from xprotect to blue iris. What may be causing this?

Thank you.
Welcome to the forum. What cameras are you using? What profile are you using for the cameras in blue iris? Are you simultaneously streaming to blue iris and xprotect?
First thing to do is to go to camera properties>video>configuration and increase the receive buffer to 20.

tomwi

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply!

Foscam FI8910W, FI8904W and FI8906W
Profile: Foscam FI89XX/W Compatible
No, I removed xProtect

My receive buffer was set to 3MB so I have changed this to 20MB.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply!

Foscam FI8910W, FI8904W and FI8906W
Profile: Foscam FI89XX/W Compatible
No, I removed xProtect

My receive buffer was set to 3MB so I have changed this to 20MB.
Let us know if it helps. Are the cameras running wifi?