Blue Iris Android App not showing past 1-2 days

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well since you cannot access it from the outside, that means you have done something right!

Now you just need to set up VPN. If you have an Asus router for example, OpenVPN is baked right into it.

Or you could use the STUNNEL option that is available in BI - it has a step-by-step wizard to walk you through it. It isn't as secure as VPN, but certainly better than port forwarding or P2P.

If you go the VPN route:

OpenVPN is simple, but we make it way more difficult than it needs to be lol.

I was there too once with OpenVPN...tried to do all this research to find directions and got to the point I said screw it and just enabled it and kinda of followed what it was asking and it worked.

You will need a DDNS as your WAN IP address is subject to change at anytime by your ISP (although most do not change often) or you are paying for a static IP address. IPCAMTALK offers a free service.

Just go to OpenVPN and enable it and see what it says - probably asks you to create a user/PW, DDNS name, encryption method, and create certificate. Then email that certificate to you (or cut/paste on to your phone) and save the certificate on your mobile device. Then install the OpenVPN app and select the certificate and then connect and you are on your home network.

It really is simpler than our minds make it out to be.

lol I know you mean well, but I'm so lost its not funny.... I know absolutely nothing about network configuration etc... I might have to resort to hiring some kid to figure it all out for me

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There must be something wrong with the Android app itself. Because it also cuts off part of the video. When I use a web browser interface thru Chrome, absolutely no issues seeing the full video and I can go way back in time. And its a lot faster.