Blue Iris and three sets of cameras

Reaction score
I have Blue Iris program with about a total of 18 cameras running off of it. Now here is my question, and hopefully you can follow along.

I have 12 camera at my welding shop
I have 3 at my photography gallery
I have 3 at my lodge that we rent out through out the year.

Right now how I have it set up, I have all the camera at the shop on a schedule of when they will record and when not to record. At the gallery they record all the time. At the lodge they record all the time.

What I would like to do is set up all three cameras with to record on the schedules of what I have chosen for the sets of cameras, but what I would like to be able to do is over right each set. Right now, if I don't want the cameras to record at the gallery or lodge, I just hit the Stop light and shut everything off. That is not what I want to do. I would like to be able to just shut off the three locations if i want.

How do you go about doing that????

Thanks

Reaction score
As of right now, I have one profile but two schedules. That is how I managed to figure it out. So as it sits now, I have one profile with schedules programed in each camera. Than I have two schedules setup. One schedule call "Normal" which means that all the cameras work with the time schedules that I have set up for each camera. Than I have a second Schedule called "Galley Off" which when i hit that it shuts off the gallery when we are working in the gallery. But wow.........it took me like two days to figure that out and I have to be doing something wrong, because it should be easier than that.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As of right now, I have one profile but two schedules. That is how I managed to figure it out. So as it sits now, I have one profile with schedules programed in each camera. Than I have two schedules setup. One schedule call "Normal" which means that all the cameras work with the time schedules that I have set up for each camera. Than I have a second Schedule called "Galley Off" which when i hit that it shuts off the gallery when we are working in the gallery. But wow.........it took me like two days to figure that out and I have to be doing something wrong, because it should be easier than that.
How are your setting time schedules with only a single profile? better yet, post a detailed description of your scheduling needs for EACH location. Then we can direct you to the most efficient way of accomplishing this.

Reaction score
What I have done is went into each camera and set the schedules on each camera. Like I said, I just played around it with till I got it to record when I want it to record. Now I want to fine tune it, or start all over.
This is what we are looking for.....
The welding shop has 12 cameras. We would like them to record from motion from 6 pm to 8 am. Than 12 t 1 during the weekdays. Than have them record from motion all the time on the weekends.
The Photography gallery and Lodge will be the same setup. They both have three cameras and we want them to record from motion. But when we or someone goes to the gallery or lodge we would like to be able to shut them off from recording.
Same as the shop.....If we have to work late or on the weekend,we would like to be able to shut off the recording. Without messing with the Gallery or Lodge.
Right now, we hit the stoplight and that shuts everything off.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@agspecialties Here is what you do. Start from scratch, you only need 1 schedule.
Create the following profiles
1 - 6mp to 8am
2 - 12-1 during the week days
3 - weekend
4- other times not covered by 1,2,3
Set the record/motion/alert tabs to your needs
5 - lodge off, set the recording to manual for the lodge cameras on this profile.. and motion recording on for the others
6 - gallery off, set the recording to manual for the gallery cameras on this profile.. and motion recording on for the others
7 - shop off - set the recording to manual for the gallery cameras on this profile. and motion recording on for the others
Set the /motion/alert tabs to your needs
The downside to this method is that when using 4,5,6 at a time when the other profiles should be off, it will enable recording...you can also only disable one location at a time...

Reaction score
Than load those profiles in the cameras.....Right

- - - Updated - - -

Another question.......can you run that many profiles at once???

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Than load those profiles in the cameras.....Right

- - - Updated - - -

Another question.......can you run that many profiles at once???
All these profiles should be set in the global schedule not per camera. Only a single profile will be active at any given time.

Reaction score
Really the only time I will need to change a profile is when I want to shut one of three places down.......Right???

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Really the only time I will need to change a profile is when I want to shut one of three places down.......Right???
yes so profiles 1-4 will be on a schedule.
profiles 5-7 will be manual. If you press the profile button once it sets it to temp, you can set this duration to a few hours so if you forget it automatically reverts..if you press the profile button twice it will hold the profile indefinitely.

Reaction score
Yep....I understand now. Than go into the cameras and tell the cameras what to do in those profiles. Yep......I am getting my mind wrapped around this. Now if I can make this happen.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any other way to shut off more than one location at a time????
maybe..we need to free up some profiles (i should have done this from the get go)...instead of profile 2 and three, simply draw profile 1 for 12-1 during the week days and also for the entire weakend.
Now you can set profile 2 to be lodge and gallery off.
and profile 3 to be lodge and shop off.
Now we need to another profile for gallery and shop off...what is happening in profile 4? is recording turned off?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If I need more profiles, can I make some up using a second schedule???
No, the schedule simply allows you to change when the 7 profiles are active...I cant think of another way to accomplish this but maybe someone else can...
You might want to email support and ask for additional profiles...you scenario is very unusual...