Blue Iris and I/O

Miacomo

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone come up with a commercial solution to give a Blue Iris equipped PC the capability of alarm I/O dry closure? I've found posts from a few years ago where several were playing around with Arduino to do the job, but am looking more for a plug/play setup that doesn't require additional building and programming/debugging something to make it work.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone come up with a commercial solution to give a Blue Iris equipped PC the capability of alarm I/O dry closure? I've found posts from a few years ago where several were playing around with Arduino to do the job, but am looking more for a plug/play setup that doesn't require additional building and programming/debugging something to make it work.
This may help. FAQ: Blue Iris - Sealevel

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The ethernet based devices are ideal because you can place them anywhere you have a network connection.

Miacomo

n3wb
Reaction score
BI is looking more and more like a better solution than the Dahua NVR that's only 3 months old. Seems that everyone like their motion detect better than Dahua's IVS

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many here start with the NVR and migrate to BI....

You can still use your NVR as a backup and feed the cameras right from the NVR into BI.

Take a laptop and download BI and when it starts select DEMO and give it a try free for 14 days.

In BI, you select add camera and put the IP address of the NVR into the IP address location. Put in username and password and hit find/inspect and let BI do its thing.

Then about halfway down is a pull down for Camera number and pick camera 1 and then hit ok. The camera should show up. Then add camera and the select copy and copy this camera and then change the number 1 to a 2 and repeat for your cameras. OR depending on your NVR, it may populate all the cameras in the main and substream pulldown boxes and you just select a camera number and then add another camera and select the next pulldown.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And as pointed out, Dahua has cameras with human and vehicle AI if you have models that support it.

Many of us have found it to be very good. But even then, we still run the 3rd party AI in BI for additional features that are not in the camera AI.

CamFan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Sealevel devices on Ethernet communicate via TCP MODBUS.

I have a Barix Barionet100 (running custom logic script to handle ANALOG inputs and converting to binary ON/OFF) that I use with Milestone. I

The Barionet also uses MODBUS, but get an SM_GetDeviceConfig failed (-10) error when trying to connect. I know it's a long-shot, but any chance I can make this device work with Blue Iris? Do the developers entertain this sort of endeavor?

1671495723767.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The Sealevel devices on Ethernet communicate via TCP MODBUS.

I have a Barix Barionet100 (running custom logic script to handle ANALOG inputs and converting to binary ON/OFF) that I use with Milestone. I

The Barionet also uses MODBUS, but get an SM_GetDeviceConfig failed (-10) error when trying to connect. I know it's a long-shot, but any chance I can make this device work with Blue Iris? Do the developers entertain this sort of endeavor?

View attachment 148694
Blue Iris is developed by one person. He may be willing to help you depending on how much work is involved can't hurt to email support.