Blue Iris after update 13-10-21 not restart

fnuus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a problem.
Today we have update Blue Iris to the latest version ( 13-10-21).
After the update he closed everything and restart the Software.
But now he is not started again.

We try it on different way's but nothing happen. WHAT NOW TO DO ??

Gr,
Fred

Andreas w

n3wb
Reaction score
i got same issue..
When you download the update again and run it it starts up but shutsdowm again

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Your problems and I'm guessing here are probably related to hardware acceleration so 2 options, first is to revert back to an older release that worked or 2 delve into the registry to disable acceleration for the system and the cams and see if the current version will then start.

Andreas w

n3wb
Reaction score
Your problems and I'm guessing here are probably related to hardware acceleration so 2 options, first is to revert back to an older release that worked or 2 delve into the registry to disable acceleration for the system and the cams and see if the current version will then start.
ok where to find the older version? can only find the latest on the web..

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Have a look in your BI Program Files folder on the PC, check within the Updates folder in there, I think you need to have the download option enabled in order for updates to be saved in that folder else you can get them from here Blue Iris Updates (64 bit) - History

ktcanuck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had the same issue and reverted to earlier version. Do we know if 5.5.1.10 solves the problem?

ktcanuck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, it didn't fix it for me. Stalls at opening flash screen with "Creating Window".

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with .8 and .9, but it wasn't an issue with .10.

It was a nasty bug. Blue Iris was in a crash loop which could be stopped only by disabling the blue iris service from Windows' Service control panel. And even then I would have one instance of Blueiris.exe stuck open in "suspended" state in task manager, unable to be killed. Once I got it into this state I could run the .7 update installer, wait until it failed, and then reboot the machine, and things would be okay again...

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Whatever he implemented in .7 and since seems to be causing lots of boot loop problems. Makes me very cautious about updating to the bleeding edge.