Blue Iris 5 update loop?

LJR_2019

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My Blue Iris keeps updating, and re starting in a loop. Never seen it do that before. Bad update??

LJR_2019

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, I run BI as a service. The service stays running and recording on its own. I just wont load the UI until they fix the problem.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I had just finished reinstalling Windows and BLue iris, and was in process of selecting run as a Service too, and when it came back after the reboot, it started doing it(loop)...So i went back to "Latest critical or Stable update" and then it looped and added 5.4.6 something,,,then i checked and it was downloading an update again. So i ticked "No Update prompts", and then I rebooted, thinking it was me. I went offline It was very busy at work today, I did come back later and it was stable. I went online breifly to see if it would go ape shit again. and it did not. So i closed the net connection, and left. Now I need to set up some email alerts tomorrow so I know it's actually running.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My Blue Iris keeps updating, and re starting in a loop. Never seen it do that before. Bad update??
Happening for me also

How can I turn off update notifications if its constantly updating? It literally starts updating 3 seconds after the window appears.... I dont see a option in the web GUI, BI is running as a service

LJR_2019

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Happening for me also

How can I turn off update notifications if its constantly updating? It literally starts updating 3 seconds after the window appears.... I dont see a option in the web GUI, BI is running as a service
I tried that, but the software shuts down and starts installing the update before i can open the settings menu and uncheck updates.

Reaction score
I also tried to set the registry setting that appears to control auto update via regedit and it had no effect - so not sure if i had the right one

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Yup, it installed and I reverted back to 5.6.4.4 because I lost all AI detection. What's weird is that running the clips through "tuning" showed detection, but the clips never got tagged as "positive".