Blue Iris 5 settings

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cannot find any post for recommended settings for new version? Lost my settings when I upgraded. (yes I backed up, but no joy). Is there a guide for version 5 settings?

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for this. I guess what i meant is, has there been any significant changes to settings with V5? I remember watching videos a while back on how to set up V4. Is there a current setup guide for V5? And from time to time, you will see people post about some setting they recommend changing.

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for this. I guess what i meant is, has there been any significant changes to settings with V5? I remember watching videos a while back on how to set up V4. Is there a current setup guide for V5? And from time to time, you will see people post about some setting they recommend changing.
I wouldn't say there have been significant changes to settings in version 5 cf. version 4 but there are new features and enhancements that will never be added to older versions. And of course the new features and enhancements along with potential incompatibility issues arising from future operating system upgrades will make it more and more likely that upgrade to version 5 may become inevitable.

I wouldn't say there is a learning curve associated with moving to version 5. Most of the instructional video content still applies to version 5 as well but of course the videos don't include new features and enhancements. I don't know if they will be updated.