Blue Iris 5 IOS app?

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Remember to enable friends and family else you’ll end up paying for the app on each device.
if you buy the app once you can upload it on family devices for free? how does this work?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am just referring to the description in the App Store. I was concerned that it hadn't been updated in eleven months, but I'm glad that you confirmed that it is compatible with both Blue Iris v5 and iOS v13. So far, the evaluation version is running nicely on Windows Server 2019 in Hyper-V, so I'll probably purchase it now that you have confirmed that the iOS app is functional.
It was confirmed in post 2 of this thread.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No idea about Android but with IOS I have friends and family enabled so any purchases can be shared.
Do you know if that's something you can do temporarily? I thought that once you enabled that, all purchases your family makes will go through your account (which is why I wouldn't want to leave that feature enabled on a regular basis).

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you know if that's something you can do temporarily? I thought that once you enabled that, all purchases your family makes will go through your account (which is why I wouldn't want to leave that feature enabled on a regular basis).
Don’t know I’m afraid and I know what you mean, my daughter on a night out purchased a vegan eating app and I got the notification.

WideAngle

n3wb
Reaction score
You are misinformed. The app is 100 percent compatible with bi5. Not sure why you would state otherwise.
I am just referring to the description in the App Store.

I can confirm that this is confusing to users, particularly those of us who are new.
The Apple App Store description states:
In order to make use of this app, you must have Blue Iris version 4 installed and running on a Windows PC or VM.
... which, when combined with the 1-year-old publication date, does lead one to believe they need Version 4 (not 5) to be compatible.
Luckily there are forums like this to find clarifications, as it certainly isn't clear from the app description.

@fenderman, do you by chance have any connections with the iOS app developers to either nudge them to revise the description, or have any news on when the app might be updated next?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can confirm that this is confusing to users, particularly those of us who are new.
The Apple App Store description states:

... which, when combined with the 1-year-old publication date, does lead one to believe they need Version 4 (not 5) to be compatible.
Luckily there are forums like this to find clarifications, as it certainly isn't clear from the app description.

@fenderman, do you by chance have any connections with the iOS app developers to either nudge them to revise the description, or have any news on when the app might be updated next?
I believe the blue iris developer (there is only one) developers the ios app himself and farms out the android version. You would need to email support.

Reaction score
Hi, I have been using Blue Iris fro about 1 year, and recently tried the IOS Blue Iris app, but when I try and view a camera, I either get garbled green video or black, this is the same result for all 6 of my completely different make camera, rendering the app unusable, see attachments of screen grabs.

Attachments