Blue Cherry GPIO with Blue Iris

Tralfas

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an 8 port Blue Cherry card using hard wired cameras. The Blue cherry card claims to have GPIO and blue iris card claims to support alarms.

Basically I'd like to have a couple PIR that will assist with triggering alarms for blue iris to pick up. But It doesn't seem that bluecherry delivered a full release of the GPIO support, but I honestly don't know if thats only their software or both their software and hardware (this was unclear in their responses).

I'll start with this question:
If bluecherry is not the limiting factor - does blue iris support events from the onboard GPIO card?

I'm mostly finding alarming based on PIR on a camera:
If I can alarm based on local GPIO, no matter the source - I'll be extremely happy... I think.

I'm thinking of a few things, not just PIR, but an laser trip eye. Not intending to replace the security alarm, but more of assistance to approaching bodies (bear, human) on blind corners and trigger cameras that don't pick up great motion at night.

OR

do I even have to bother with GPIO on the card?
Since I'm on a windows PC, can I based my GPIO on some other card/USB input?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
windows does not have a generic GPIO interface like the SysFS system in linux; I very much doubt BlueIris will work with it natively if it does not already support such a device.

people have used arduino's, but its firing off BlueIris scripts IIRC