Blue Bird House Camera

RabbitCam

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a small camera in a birdhouse to watch the birds build a nest and raise the little ones. The camera is old technology and time to upgrade. I found a camera with newer technology on AliExpress, but AliExpress will not accept my credit card, so I cannot purchase it. My credit card company said they approved the purchase, but AliExpress denied it. AliExpress customer service was no help. The camera needs to be small enough to fit in a blue bird house, POE, Onvif, and 940nm IR. Does anyone know of a similar camera purchased inside the United States?

34.79US $ 29% OFF|ICSEE XMEYE Mini 8Mp 4K 5Mp 3Mp 2Mp Metal 10Pcs 940Nm Leds Waterproof IP66 H.265 Human Face Detection POE IR IP CCTV Camera|Surveillance Cameras| - AliExpress

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go to eBay and search for "Sercomm RC4551".
It's 1080P, POE, IR, close focus, RTSP, has audio, works with VLC or Blue Iris.
Build your own bracket as in the 2nd image below with plumber's tape.
It's not waterproof but in a sheltered birdhouse, should be OK.
I've had one in a bluebird house over a year now.
I installed a small heatsink on the back to help with our 90 degree summers.
Go here to see what I did and I also turned on several other forum members who purchased it, like @th182 , @IReallyLikePizza2 ,
@looney2ns ;

RC4551_house_sm.jpg sercomm_bracket1_med.jpg Sercomm1.jpg

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Almost forgot: if hard pressed to find the Sercomm RC4551, it's kin the Sercomm OC432 will also work for you, it may be a tad harder to mount with its single rear screw but plumber's tape can work miracles in the hands of an imaginative person!

It's also 1080P, audio, RTSP, POE, IR, works with VLC and Blue Iris. And I have it also, plan to put up another birdhouse cam soon. This one here for $28 shipped is a good deal, IMO. FWIW, it's "outdoor-rated."

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.