Blending-in PTZ

cascade

n3wb
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I am designing my first security camera system for home use and will definitely go for 1 exterior PTZ unit. I am on a corner lot at a 2 residential city streets intersection. I am planning on installing the PTZ unit on the corner that looks out to the intersection.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The house is a 2 story, old colonial brick with some mature trees around. I would like to evaluate my options as far as making the PTZ so to speak blend-in with the house. Because of the 2nd story hight and the vegetation installing at the soffit is not going to give me good results. I think i am left with a corner bracket but would like to depart from a standard looking encasement. Because of the nature of the neighborhood esthetics are important and i dont want to end up with plain looking devices around my property.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I was able to find some ideas based on an outdoor entry lamp encasements that I could match to existing black iron hardware and existing lamps. I could also go for some sort of simple, uniform encasement that blends in with the brick.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Any recommendations for the smallest possible PTZ with good parameters for about 8-10 ft height mount and some blend-in mounting options?[/FONT]

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the black face dahua kinda looks like a lamp..

a PTZ is going to be extremely difficult to disguise, they need full range of movement.. you cant limit it as they do a calibration dance when they startup and hit all there extremes to orientate them selves.

Fixed cameras are much easier to hide, my birdhouse cam is basically invisible..

Attachments