Blackberry Bush Trimming

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That was amazing. I would have never guessed there was a guardrail under all of that brush (although the black and yellow end caps should have been a clue).
That was a lot to remove, and it was a pretty big guardrail.

That reminds me of overgrown bushes and trees that block the line of site when pulling out of some parking lots and intersections. I have to almost put the nose of my vehicle into the street to see any oncoming traffic. It's very dangerous!

robpur

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wonder why the local municipality (town, city or county) didn't trim it and a private citizen did? :idk:
I don't know who sent the guy out to do the trimming. I doubt that he is an official County employee arriving in what appears to be his personal car, but I suppose he could have been a private contractor with County. He can also be a volunteer for the trail system. The Olympic Discovery Trail is quite long and is maintained by volunteers.

But most likely he was sent by a local tribe. Where I live is a mixture of private and tribal land, and the local tribe has worked hard to restore the local environment and to keep it looking nice. This is in contrast to other tribal lands that I have seen. The reservation at Neah Bay is an example of how rundown tribal lands can be.

robpur

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That reminds me of overgrown bushes and trees that block the line of site when pulling out of some parking lots and intersections. I have to almost put the nose of my vehicle into the street to see any oncoming traffic. It's very dangerous!
What you don't see in the video is that the guy trimmed out by the highway as well. The blackberries were tall and they were starting to overgrow the shoulder of the highway which made it hard for me to see when pulling out.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...and on top of that sometimes businesses erect signs without realizing how they hamper good visibility as well. :headbang:

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was expecting "Bush trimming" from the video to be more freakish due to the weird stuff we watched from robpur's videos in the past. Turns out it was pretty normal video today. :lmao:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't know who sent the guy out to do the trimming. I doubt that he is an official County employee arriving in what appears to be his personal car, but I suppose he could have been a private contractor with County. He can also be a volunteer for the trail system. The Olympic Discovery Trail is quite long and is maintained by volunteers.

But most likely he was sent by a local tribe. Where I live is a mixture of private and tribal land, and the local tribe has worked hard to restore the local environment and to keep it looking nice. This is in contrast to other tribal lands that I have seen. The reservation at Neah Bay is an example of how rundown tribal lands can be.
He Might be doing his 25 hours of Community service issued by a Judge. I know I did some in my younger years.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
If so, they should have made it clear that he was to wear a high-visibility vest while working in the right-of-way (edge of the roadway). :cool:
You would think, looks like he had chaps, gloves a safety glasses on, One thing is for sure, he most likely was not doing it just for fun. I had to cut elderly people's overgrown lawns in the Town as part of my service, I do not remember being provided any safety equipment by the town but that was like 40 something years ago.