Black screen after latest update

ffhamm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After the latest update today, all my camera views went 'black' no frames nothing. I rebooted BI and I get the splash screen, then all black screen not even the options, total blackness. Tried several times and rebooted the PC as well.
Task manager shows blue iris running, and I can log in via the Android ap and see all cameras with full functions. When I log in via android app I hear the 'pop' sound confirming remote access has been made but I have absolutely nothing on my screen. Same story when I hover over the BI icon in the task bar, just black screen.
I'm not sure what it updated to, but I assume it is the latest since it updated around 4pm.
Any ideas or clues?

THank you,
Jeff

ffhamm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I should have also provided more info, I am sorry. This is running on windows 10 with an I7 processor OS build 16299.309

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
After the latest update today, all my camera views went 'black' no frames nothing. I rebooted BI and I get the splash screen, then all black screen not even the options, total blackness. Tried several times and rebooted the PC as well.
Task manager shows blue iris running, and I can log in via the Android ap and see all cameras with full functions. When I log in via android app I hear the 'pop' sound confirming remote access has been made but I have absolutely nothing on my screen. Same story when I hover over the BI icon in the task bar, just black screen.
I'm not sure what it updated to, but I assume it is the latest since it updated around 4pm.
Any ideas or clues?

THank you,
Jeff
always disable auto update...
search the forum for "dropbox"
you will find prior versions to revert to..
in the future update using the website so you have older files you can use to revert.
Email support to report the issue.

Last edited: