Black IP options

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello...

In the install sub I shared the project I'm helping a buddy with. His trim and eaves are going to be dark and wants black cameras.
I'm also really not wanting to have to mess with the system once it's installed so I've been eying a kit pretty hard. Honestly one of the amcrest or something.

Black cameras are hard to come buy. I mentioned maybe we can wrap them to match his eaves. But he didn't want to.
Amazon is sketchy since the returns short and I hear reolink has bad customer support.
I'd love to buy empire, but im looking for easy to setup type system since I literally don't want to have to bother. Lol it's not my system.

Anyway, he lives in the middle of no where so Honestly the 4k kits looked good even with sub par night performance.

Any decent black ip options out there.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
If you need a one-ton truck, but really want a blue vehicle. It makes no sense to buy a vista cruiser based on it being the only blue vehicle on the lot.

IMHO, I believe you should still use the method recommended throughout the IPCT boards... identify what cameras is best suited for the respective spots on the building. Fashion? Or function? then I guess you'll need to weigh the options based on what is available vs how much effort you the homeowner wishes (you) to put in to making the color meet their needs.

Andy has the IPC-T5442T-ZEB in black. Last year I purchased a IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E, and painted it black. Dahua recently announced a newer PTZ that is in a dark(er) gray.

</.02>

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Andy has the IPC-T5442T-ZEB in black.
</.02>
Make that 4 cents. Get those. Great cameras and much less trouble than painting. Or at least get some of those and fill in with others. Using directly or with a Dahua NVR they won't be much if any harder to set up than other kits. Also can be used and will work well with BI or some other VMS down the road.

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll take a look at the IPC-T5442T-ZEB, Painting isn't an option to maintain warranty which is why I suggested vinyl wrap. It's removable.
The PTZ we're planning on can be white because it will mount to the brick on a corner mount below the eave. ( If he goes that route )

I'll check it out, thanks.

Edit: Is there a fixed version? 175 a cam is more than he'll spend. I'm lucky to have gotten him to prewire for 16 cams. I won't get him to spend $175 a camera.
Yes, I'm 100% aware you get what you pay for. It's not my build.
I'll see if I can find anything else he has in black

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
He sent me these. lol I mean, ip 5mp am crest for 60 a pop.
IP5M-B1186EB-28MM

I'll convince him otherwise. If I can get that empire tech above in a fixed lens or something similar for around 100 I think he'll bite.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll take a look at the IPC-T5442T-ZEB, Painting isn't an option to maintain warranty which is why I suggested vinyl wrap. It's removable.
The PTZ we're planning on can be white because it will mount to the brick on a corner mount below the eave. ( If he goes that route )

I'll check it out, thanks.

Edit: Is there a fixed version? 175 a cam is more than he'll spend. I'm lucky to have gotten him to prewire for 16 cams. I won't get him to spend $175 a camera.
Yes, I'm 100% aware you get what you pay for. It's not my build.
I'll see if I can find anything else he has in black
It would be hard to wrap the cams I think. Masking them for painting is kind of a pain too but I've done some. Kind of comes out as well as you do it.

There are fixed versions of the 5442 cams but you won't save all that much. Around $30-ish less. Some other 2 MP and 4MP cams that are less but not as good low light.

I have some of the basically equivalent Amcrest cams in turret form as fill in cams. They're OK for what they are. Not great, not godawful. For the money, not too bad. Where I have them watching smaller relatively well lit areas they work fine.