Bit lost on how to best configure this scenario set

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm using BI with a Dahua PTZ camera with Auto Track/IVS features.

In blue iris, I've setup global profiles to define work hours and out of work hours. I've also defined three presets (Workshop, Lunch Area, Garage) but this was setup inside the Dahua Webpage for the Camera.

What I want to achieve is below:

1. Record and track movement after business hours (so not between 8:15 and 3:45 Monday to Friday. ) in ALL 3 presets (workshop, lunch area, garage)
  2. For the hours between 8:15 and 3:45 Monday to Friday just point straight forward and record only in the Workshop area

For point 2, I've setup a camera event schedule to move the camera to the WorkShop preset at 8.15AM , in the work hours profile and have setup the recording as continuous. No sweat. I dont want to use the auto track here with IVS, but i cant work out how to have the Smart Plan tracking work only in a schedule

Point 1 is where I'm falling over. With point 1, outside business hours, I want the camera to record based off the motion sensor but to move around the scene (ie in all 3 presets) - how would I get the camera effectively to look at all three presets and not remain stationary, if it sees something in the BI motion sensor to then track that

Any tips would be great!

Thanks guys

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't have a PTZ that tracks so I've not done anything with tracking. I'd think that you could set the cam as needed to track motion and then just let that do what it does from whatever preset position that it happens to be in at any given time.

In BI, Auto-cycle patrol will move the cam between a set of presets. On the page for defining presets, you can have the presets active/inactive for whatever profiles. There's a Resume cycle/schedule after inactivity that can be used to set how long it sits before resuming the patrol/returning home. Also a dwell time on the preset page. And a wait that can be used with various conditions under On call for the preset but I've never used that.

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Mike, I've got all that setup.

Now really I just need to work out how to only have Auto Tracking using a Schedule, but that seems to be a Dahua specific thing, not a BI thing

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Why not just leave auto tracking on full time? You don't want that from the Workshop preset during day hours?

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I dont want it, thats right. We dont want the camera tracking people in the workshop area, theres alot of movement and would prefer a more general/fixed view of the area rather than the camera moving constantly.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Got it. Unfortunately I don't know the auto-tracking to help much.

I looked quickly to see if there's an API command that you could send on schedule from BI to turn it on/off if you can't in the cam, but I don't see one for that.

Could you maybe set up an IVS rule for that preset that would never be triggered? i.e., Like a small number of pixels in an out of the way area? Then you could leave the auto-track running on whatever schedule but just no effective trigger to start the tracking for it on that preset.

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Mike, ill do a little more hunting or just live with it being on