bidens incredible transition to electric cars

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Or you are a privileged Zoomer or Millennial, who are mad at all the BOOMERS, because in their mind, they think the Boomers ruined everything for them. They think they are coming to the rural areas to snuff every Boomer out with a pillow......true story.
As an old Millennial, I've been pushing back against the fad to blame Boomers for every little thing that isn't perfect. Even if things aren't ideal, that's no excuse to give up.

I'll push back on this. Energy expenditure to ship things long distances is insignificant when done on bulk transport. The granola folk who think they are saving the planet because their apples were purchased from a pickup truck transported from a farm only 40 miles can't fathom how that burned more fuel than a tanker ship crossing the ocean and then loaded onto a tractor trailer, even though they paid more for it.

Bulk transport is insanely efficient. A fully occupied 737 gets more than 100 passenger miles per gallon even though it travels at nearly the speed of sound.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
As an old Millennial, I've been pushing back against the fad to blame Boomers for every little thing that isn't perfect. Even if things aren't ideal, that's no excuse to give up.

I'll push back on this. Energy expenditure to ship things long distances is insignificant when done on bulk transport. The granola folk who think they are saving the planet because their apples were purchased from a pickup truck transported from a farm only 40 miles can't fathom how that burned more fuel than a tanker ship crossing the ocean and then loaded onto a tractor trailer, even though they paid more for it.

Bulk transport is insanely efficient. A fully occupied 737 gets more than 100 passenger miles per gallon even though it travels at nearly the speed of sound.
I always find the method to be humorous. Every one of them comes up with the exact same methodology: Snuff them out with a pillow. What, is there a video game out there that it's main focus is snuffing Boomers out with a pillow? If there is, then they all own a copy of it......and they don't understand very well the concept of a 9mm slug being able to travel from the underside of the pillow through the topside of the pillow very well and to be able to hit whatever may be topside, smack square in the face.......:idk:

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've seen zoomers blame boomers for dumb shit like not retiring sooner and not allowing them to advance. That is bullshit.

The systemic mess they made... that is all them.... At least own your fuck ups.. Nobody has fucked up the system more than boomers. Own it.

Last edited:

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Congratulations...it looks nice. :headbang: But did they practically give it to you just to make a sale??

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Got a decent deal on it, $5K below MSRP and 0% financing for 60 months. Kept the cash on the trade in (No point in putting more money towards a 0% loan!)

Old car was a Ford Escape with the 2.0 Ecoboost which we loved, but we just found out the models from 2017 to 2020 have a design defect where the cylinder head cracks and lets coolant in, requiring an entire engine replacement at over $9000 (Out of warranty) so this was a bit of an impromptu decision

Gave it back to Ford for a decent price, their problem again now!

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Very nice! Tell us a little more about it. Trim level, AWD, extended range?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Premium Trim, AWD but not extended range. We didn't see the point in going for the extended range, its my wife's car and we never take her car on long trips, so it will never need to be charged in public

Love it, but I wish they didn't call it a mustang. And this is way over the top, its turned off now...

1694184063468.jpeg

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I like the eMustang and yours looks great in red. I agree that it should have been named something else. The thing is, Ford decided to drop all cars except for the Mustang. When they made that decision, it meant any car made IS a Mustang. Perhaps it was a dumb decision; I really liked the Fusion (my go-to rental).

Massive tangent-

I'm always surprised how much ego and personality goes into car decisions for most people, because I've simply never felt like my vehicle choice has anything to say about me.

I have a Prius plug-in because they were cheap back in 2015 when gas was cheap, and it has a surprising amount of utility, and costs practically nothing on road trips. I didn't buy it as an offering to Gaia to assuage her wrath upon heathen polluters, or to attract women who don't shave their armpits.

My other car is a Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4. I bought it at auction because I needed an off-road capable truck, was interested in diesel technology, and that was the smallest diesel on the market at the time. I didn't buy it to compensate for insecurity, or to troll the Gaia worshiping bicyclists. I did get the bench seat so my lady could be right next to me though.

My other car is a Honda CBR600 crotch rocket. I bought that because it's insanely fun to ride and challenging to master. It's the cheapest way to go fast at local tracks. I've never wheelied in front of a crowd to show off. It's a fun machine for me, not others.

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I like the eMustang and yours looks great in red. I agree that it should have been named something else. The thing is, Ford decided to drop all cars except for the Mustang. When they made that decision, it meant any car made IS a Mustang. Perhaps it was a dumb decision; I really liked the Fusion (my go-to rental).

Massive tangent-

I'm always surprised how much ego and personality goes into car decisions for most people, because I've simply never felt like my vehicle choice has anything to say about me.

I have a Prius plug-in because they were cheap back in 2015 when gas was cheap, and it has a surprising amount of utility, and costs practically nothing on road trips. I didn't buy it as an offering to Gaia to assuage her wrath upon heathen polluters, or to attract women who don't shave their armpits.

My other car is a Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4. I bought it at auction because I needed an off-road capable truck, was interested in diesel technology, and that was the smallest diesel on the market at the time. I didn't buy it to compensate for insecurity, or to troll the Gaia worshiping bicyclists. I did get the bench seat so my lady could be right next to me though.

My other car is a Honda CBR600 crotch rocket. I bought that because it's insanely fun to ride and challenging to master. It's the cheapest way to go fast at local tracks. I've never wheelied in front of a crowd to show off. It's a fun machine for me, not others.
Yeah....it's just like when they recycled the name "Maverick" for a truck. To me there's only one Ford Maverick and it was a car.

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
2012 GMC Duramax dually and 2007 Sportster Custom here. Along with the Model Y.

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You guys fly? Just doing my part for the environment, less traffic :lmao:
Helicopter pilot would be my dream, but I only fly drones at the moment.

Was going to get into paramotoring before my first child... now if only I can get serious about it before a 3rd comes along.

Back on the topic of EVs, I did convert my daughters Jeep from 12v to 18v cordless drill batteries. Added about 3 MPH to the top speed.

Here's the project;
Power Wheels EV - Fuel Economy, Hypermiling, EcoModding News and Forum - EcoModder.com

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Helicopter pilot would be my dream, but I only fly drones at the moment.

Was going to get into paramotoring before my first child... now if only I can get serious about it before a 3rd comes along.

Back on the topic of EVs, I did convert my daughters Jeep from 12v to 18v cordless drill batteries. Added about 3 MPH to the top speed.

Here's the project;
Power Wheels EV - Fuel Economy, Hypermiling, EcoModding News and Forum - EcoModder.com
I'll bet she takes after her dad.....no helmet. :lol: