BI5 no longer recording clips

Reaction score
My BlueIris has not showed new clips in the program sidebar or UI3 since August 30, 2022.

I saw another thread on a similar issue but didn't want to hijack.

There is plenty of storage. I have cameras recording direct to disc on two hard drives. I am not recording to SSD and then transferring to hard disk.

I have the DB set to repair overnight but it doesn't make a difference.

What more can I check? Is there any fix for this aside from reinstalling the program?

Gerald Martin

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Delete the database folder and restart. If you look at the actual folder where the recordings are stored you will see they are present.

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Same issue with me. I'm sharing my story mostly to let the gurus on this site know that they help alot of people! Thank you!
Must have had a brief power outage, PC was at the Windows boot splash screen when I got home.
Blue Iris only showed clips from 8-25-2022 and before (today is 10-14-2022). I did a Repair/Regenerate, but it didn't fix the clips list. Deleting the DB folder (per Fenderman), restarting the PC, and then doing a Repair/Regnerate (per jrbeddow) did the trick!
Thanks to the gurus on this site. I really appreciate your help!

Edit 10-14-2022: Additional info. I did recently update the firmware to the latest stable (don't recall the version 5.6.2.4?) and shortly thereafter to the latest version (not listed as stable) which I am currently running 5.6.2.5 x64. No idea if this has any relationship to the database losing links to the clips. Just throwing this out there.

Last edited:

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have (or had) this same issue when updating to v5.6.1.3, the current stable version. Just now found this thread via a search and did the prescribed repair/regenerate action and problem solved. I'd concur with nowandthen, seems to be a strong correlation between the new version and the clips/db thing. In any event, I learned something new about BI tonight, for which I am always grateful.

Same issue with me. I'm sharing my story mostly to let the gurus on this site know that they help alot of people! Thank you!
Must have had a brief power outage, PC was at the Windows boot splash screen when I got home.
Blue Iris only showed clips from 8-25-2022 and before (today is 10-14-2022). I did a Repair/Regenerate, but it didn't fix the clips list. Deleting the DB folder (per Fenderman), restarting the PC, and then doing a Repair/Regnerate (per jrbeddow) did the trick!
Thanks to the gurus on this site. I really appreciate your help!

Edit 10-14-2022: Additional info. I did recently update the firmware to the latest stable (don't recall the version 5.6.2.4?) and shortly thereafter to the latest version (not listed as stable) which I am currently running 5.6.2.5 x64. No idea if this has any relationship to the database losing links to the clips. Just throwing this out there.