BI with continuous + alerts recording; continuous clips are on disk but not showing in BI

ntguru

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I seem to be plagued by BI and clip/alert issues. Basically, alerts and/or clips would just randomly not be there. I did a fresh BI install on a new machine (i7-5820K, 32 GB RAM, 500GB SSD boot, 8TB WD Purple, NVidia T400, Win10 Pro). Using CodeAI, I have 7-8 cams running from 2-8 MP and on cloudy days, CPU is around 15%. OS and BI DB on SSD, New and Alerts on WD Purple 8TB, New set to 4TB limit+DELETE and Alerts 20GB+DELETE. After the fresh install, alerts and clips were fine for quite a while. I could see short alert videos going back for weeks, and continuous recordings as well. However, now, in BI, many/most cameras show clips only from 8/29/23 and back. Even though cameras show the little red "recording" circle, I cannot see the ongoing or recent continuous recording (says "NO VIDEO"). If I look in the NEW\ folder, I see 4GB files for each camera going back from today (9/8/23). It's like BI is indeed recording continuously to disk, but the BI DB file is corrupting or something else is getting out of sync between BI and what's actually on disk. I'm at a complete loss as how to resolve this frustrating issue. Also, periodically and for reasons I can't determine, sometimes alerts won't show in BI, either. For example, I know I was on the front porch for 5 minutes and there's no record of it in BI. As mentioned, this happened on my old (much less powerful BI) setup, so I started from scratch -- all new including drives, PC, OS, BI install, etc. -- and now it's back. Help/ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For starters you should not be using continuous plus alerts... It should be continuous plus triggered...

ntguru

n3wb
Reaction score
For starters you should not be using continuous plus alerts... It should be continuous plus triggered...
Thanks for the quick response. I have a couple cams where not using CodeAI for motion/object detection works better. Should it still be continuous plus triggered for those as well?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I have a couple cams where not using CodeAI for motion/object detection works better. Should it still be continuous plus triggered for those as well?
Yes, otherwise it will require a confirmed ai response to record in hi res...you want it to do so on any trigger.

ntguru

n3wb
Reaction score
Well the good news is now continuous recordings are available via the BI UI, bad news is no email alerts are going and no alert clips are showing when AI detects objects/motion/etc.

ntguru

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok more info..... after switching to continuous + triggered, after about 8-12 hours, things appeared to be working as expected including continuous recordings and alert clips available via BI. I then closed BI and reopened it, and now the continuous recordings and alert clips from the last day or two are all gone and only 08/29/23 and earlier are showing. What the heck is going on here?!?