BI Web server gets bumped off port 81

MistaBeak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a POC Camera (Piece Of Crap) which serves it's purpose but when I install it on the LAN it fixes itself on port 81. There are no options in the install to put it on another port. Trouble is the BI web server is on port 81 and each time I quit BI and then restart it the server is gone and I can't access it remotely. Any solutions on how I can put the cam on another port or have a way to use the same port? My new Linksys router doesn't offer any options.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a POC Camera (Piece Of Crap) which serves it's purpose but when I install it on the LAN it fixes itself on port 81. There are no options in the install to put it on another port. Trouble is the BI web server is on port 81 and each time I quit BI and then restart it the server is gone and I can't access it remotely. Any solutions on how I can put the cam on another port or have a way to use the same port? My new Linksys router doesn't offer any options.
If you are using blue iris there is no reason to also port forward the camera..regardless, the simplest solution it to change the port on the blue iris server. Just go to the webserver tab and change the port.

MistaBeak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. The following quote is from the BI Help regarding Web Server settings:
Port Number - tYou should not change the port number from 81 unless you know what you are doing and have a reason for doing so. Port 80 is actually the default HTTP address used by websites on the Internet, but it is often blocked by ISPs for incoming connections or is very difficult to forward through your router.
This why I thought it needed to stay at 81. I'll change it to 82 and see what happens.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
There is more to this story than we've been told. No IP camera can prevent Blue Iris from listening on port 81. The IP camera doesn't even get a say in the matter. Some other service on the PC running Blue Iris may be competing for port 81 however, so the same advice applies. Try a different port number in Blue Iris' web server options.