BI unable to recognize another BI machine mjpg/index on LAN - Recognizes on WAN

vitron1984

n3wb
Reaction score
Why does blue iris not allow me to get the mjpg/index (or image/index) stream from another machine on my local LAN?

When I use the same settings to record the index from a client at another IP location, BI recognizes the stream?

I have 2 BI machines here on a subnet 192.168.1.xxx . I can't read the index off of the other machine either way around. Yet I can read the index of a BI machine from a client with a completely different internet connection

Why is the LAN mjpg/index not being recognized? I'm using the same settings as the one connected through the WAN as I am the machine that's on the LAN, except obviously for the physical IP address. I've set BI to Generic MJPEG stream. Login credentials are correct on both machines. What have I missed? This must be an easy thing I'm just not seeing. I really need to record the index from my other machine on the LAN.

Thanks,

David

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@vitron1984
1) are you using the local ip addresses in the camera config?
2) are you trying to pull and mpeg video stream? if so why not use h.264

vitron1984

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to pull the blueiris default mjpg feed, coming from the blue iris PC, into another blue iris PC.

No actual cameras involved.

vitron1984

n3wb
Reaction score
It's something to do with authentication on LAN. I turned authentication off completely and it recognizes the path /mjpg/index as a stream.

vitron1984

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting,

If I try to use a login of a user who has access to only certain cameras, it won't show me their index. It won't show anything.

But if I use a login that doesn't have camera group restrictions it works - I see the whole index.

Last edited by a moderator: