BI Stops Recording

ssa

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been using BI for a number of years now. I had to expand my number of cameras by more than double. I bought a new PC and have 21 cameras on it. Problem is that the software stops recording every couple days. This is mission critical for my business and I need this to work.

The green lights stays on however no messages get logged. If i change the light to red it will toggle between red and yellow but never go back to green unless I restart the application. I have this running as a service as it always needs to be on. Any suggestions?

Only thing I haven't done is uninstalled and reinstalled

Thank you in advance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been using BI for a number of years now. I had to expand my number of cameras by more than double. I bought a new PC and have 21 cameras on it. Problem is that the software stops recording every couple days. This is mission critical for my business and I need this to work.

The green lights stays on however no messages get logged. If i change the light to red it will toggle between red and yellow but never go back to green unless I restart the application. I have this running as a service as it always needs to be on. Any suggestions?

Only thing I haven't done is uninstalled and reinstalled

Thank you in advance
What version are you running(exact version)...when you say it stops recording does the software still display the camera but not record them?

ssa

n3wb
Reaction score
The system still displays the live camera feeds. Exact version is "Release 4.2.6.4 x64"

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The system still displays the live camera feeds. Exact version is "Release 4.2.6.4 x64"
This may be related to your other issue of high cpu usage...not sure...email support.

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it possible you are running out of disk space?

ssa

n3wb
Reaction score
That is a good point. OP post your status bar on the bottom right of the main screen.
The local drive has 365GB of free space and only 77GB used
My NAS, where I'm sending videos after it uses 20GB on the local drive or is 4 days old, has 10.8 Terabytes free and 17.8GB used

I think I'm good there.
After the direct to disk I am in the range of 39-55% CPU usage which I believe is adequate.