BI stopped creating alerts

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For whatever reason, my BI stop creating any alerts recording. continuous is working just fine. Nothing's changed in my setting accept I'm applying updates as they arrive.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
This is getting tiring. There are multiple threads on this problem. Just run "repair/regenerate" on the database and your alerts will come back.

Also, stop updating to the latest releases and stay at the "last stable release" to avoid problems like this. Most updates are beta tests so you can expect problems with them from time to time.

Last edited:

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
any reason why it does this? think i've to do what you suggested a couple times now in the last several months.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
There is an inherent problem with clips/database in the 5.6.1.x and 5.6.2.x series. Call it an expected behavior. There is no need to be on the bleeding edge unless you like to bleed. Shut off automatic updates and stick with the latest stable version.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For me, the repair/regenerate doesn’t work to start the alerts again. In my system, this issue has resulted in the alerts being intermittent. So they just start working for a few minutes one day, then stop. Then a few days later start working intermittently again and stop again.

I don’t know if it’s a coincidence but this phenomenon started happening after a Windows update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For me, the repair/regenerate doesn’t work to start the alerts again. In my system, this issue has resulted in the alerts being intermittent. So they just start working for a few minutes one day, then stop. Then a few days later start working intermittently again and stop again.

I don’t know if it’s a coincidence but this phenomenon started happening after a Windows update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
The repain/regenerating is for the alert thumbnails in BI, not alerts being sent to your mobile device. If that is your issue, that is a result of the spam algorithm of your mobile provider and you should switch to the paid BI app ($10) with push notifications or the Pushover app ($5)

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I am using the $10 BI app. I’m not sure this is the same issue because basically the AI is failing as you can see in the log snip below. I only use the AI for alerts to minimize the notifications.

I was actually thinking this could’ve been caused by the windows update because last year the windows update totally borked my Blue Iris installation, and I had to do a clean install of windows, and then reinstall Blue Iris to get it working again.

IMG_1528.jpg