BI old recorded viewing question

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I seem to be too dense to figure out a simple back and forth recorded viewing option in BI. I would appreciate a bit of help with this trivial issue.

example: Lets say i expand the time line below the real time all cameras live view (green clock icon). If i want to look at one feed from the real time view, i can click on it and it is made larger and after a second in HD. If i want to go back to all camera view, i can select (left mouse click) in the black area outside of the single camera view, and Bob is my uncle.

If however, I want to view first all cameras from 3am, then expand one feed into HD and then go back to all cameras (still at 3a), i don't see how to do that smoothly. Double clicking the time line at 3a brings up the all cameras view at 3a, and all seems good. From there, single clicking a camera places a focus live mini view of that camera under the alerts snapshot. Interesting, but not what i would expect. Double clicking a camera view brings up that camera in HD at 3am, which is good, but now i am stuck. how do i go back to the all camera view at 3am so i can look at the next camera, rinse and repeat?

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, I will try to clear up what I was getting at.

First off, clips have nothing to do with the issue, so what I was looking for in my example of 3am was a time when I had few clips to prevent them from getting in my way. Below is a screen shot of this morning time line.

If I double click on “3a” the display of all cameras moves to 3am. See attached image2.

If I single click any camera image in the 3am all cameras view, I see a white boarder appear and a small real time view of that camera in the lower left corner, below the clips area. Nothing wrong with this, just a bit odd. I am sure I will grow to love it .

If I double click any camera image in the 3am all cameras view, I see an enlarged view of that camera in HD. Again all good there. If I double click on that enlarged view it goes to full screen. Still all good. However, here is where it gets strange and stuck. How do I go back? Clicking in the black are doesn’t work. Double clicking cycles between enlarged and full screen, but not back to all camera view, nor does clicking in the black area to the side of the image.

I tried a lot of things over several days, but was getting nowhere. This time, when composing this response, I discovered that if I hit the escape key, the view went back from the full screen mode to the enlarged screen mode for the selected camera, and if I hit the escape key again, wah-la, I am finally back to the all camera view at 3am, where I can select another camera to focus on at 3am.

I swear that I tried the escape key technique several times before, but maybe I only did it once and then tried clicking in the black area. I don’t know why clicking in the black area doesn’t work here, yet it does in the live view mode, but regardless, I guess I figured it out. Maybe this will help someone else, or encourage the BI developer to make a tweak in the code to enable the black single click to work in both live view and recorded vied view the same.

1642783456536.png 1642783488427.png 1642783525165.png 1642783548541.png