BI not working after Windows 10, 11 Upgrades

Reaction score
Hello All,
I have been using BI with about 30 cameras for around a decade.

I have been running BI with Windows 10 uneventfully for over a year, but I think recent updates to Windows 10 along with Windows 11 are the source of my problems with BI and might have to do with ports.

I run mostly Hikvision cameras, and I can still access all of my Hikvision cameras & verify their IP address using SADP. The IP is unchanged from my former BI configuration.

I used to have a couple of s/w "tools" that would give me an IP "map" of addresses. Now, I try to use the tools, they start, but never return any information, I suspect Windows 10 & 11 recent upgrades had something to do with ports. Or perhaps they are affected by the firewall (or something else), but SADP does not appear to be affected.

When I disconnect the LAN, SADP shows no cameras found. When I reconnect the LAN, the cameras are found by SADP & their stats like port numbers and IP addresses are displayed like normal. The port numbers are different from BI, but so are their port field header descriptors. The IP address are the same as my BI IP addresses when the cameras were working with BI.

I thought the port number shown by SADP could be used to modify the BI camera configuration to match, but that does not appear to be the case. When I change what I think is the BI camera port configuration to match the port number displayed by SADP, I still get the 8000274c error.

So, unless I am using the wrong port number from the SADP s/w (due to the ambiguous nature of the various port descriptions, that is a definite possibility). Coming at it from that angle does not appear to work. But I think it should work.

I find it confusing to correlate the ports identified by SADP with the ports using the BI configuration. The names of the various ports do not seem to have a one-to-one correlation between BI & SADP.

So far, my attempts to match the port number indicated by the SADP software with a modified camera in BI have been unsuccessful. If SADP has a valid port number & I make the change in BI, I still get the 8000274c error.

I cannot access any of my cameras using browsers like Chrome or Edge as I did before this situation arose. BI gives me the 8000274c error, the browsers just time out.

I have been using McAfee for years without a problem. Frankly, I don't find the BI help guide all that useful for me. Perhaps someone could dumb it down for me.

I have disabled my computer Wi-Fi so I am not on the internet and disabled my McAfee firewall. I still get the 8000274c error message when I run BI.

I hope my problem is port configuration, if I am not successful, I may be back to square one.

I still feel I am not seeing the forest for the trees OR I am way off in my assessment of this situation.

Most recent test s- I turned off my Wi-Fi, so there is no internet access. I turned off my McAfee firewall, ran SADP to ensure my cameras were present on my LAN.

Before I ran the first test:
My BI ports were set to their original values when BI worked:
BI: Media/Video/RTSP port: 554
BI: Discovery/ONVIF/ port: 8999
I got the: Error: 8000274c (timeout; check IP address and port) 0

For the second test:
In BI, I set my ports to conform to the ports defined by SADP:
SADP: HTTP Port: 80
SADP: Port: 8000

BI: Media/Video/RTSP port: 80
BI: Discovery/ONVIF port: 8000

When I ran BI in this configuration, I got a second error message that seems to indicate my original port assignments were OK.
Error: 80002751 (Socket Error: 10065)
Error: 8000274c (timeout; check IP address and port) 0

I tried browsers to access cameras as I have tried before & they were not successful almost instantly. Again, before these problems arose (possibly from the Windows upgrades), I used browsers to successfully access the cameras all the time.

Suggestions or comments would be most welcome.

Reaction score
Hi All,
It looks like about the time I did upgrades to my Windows 10 and Windows 11 computers, the ethernet port was reset. The wireless port was unaffected.

All I needed to do was reinitialize the ethernet port (IPV4)

At least 6 of my computers were affected, but most of them use the wireless port exclusively, so no problem.

I have about 20 of my security cameras up and running correctly. Hopefully, I can get the others going too.

I think I am OK.
Thanks for your help.
Mike

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I did not see this until today, Fri. 3/31.

Yes, there have been recent issues with Windows Updates bonking Ethernet both wired and wireless on Windows 10 and 11.

I Had a Windows 10 wireless issue just today after KB5023696 was installed, I had to remove it.

Yesterday I had a client's QuickBooks server bonked by an update, the wired Ethernet networked properties was changed from private to public and the workstations lost contact.