BI not saving FPS settings

Jay Dub

n3wb
Reaction score
I am new to Blue Iris and security cams. I have ordered some cameras that will come in a few days but I have been playing with an old Trendnet IP camera I had laying around to get a feel for BI. I am running BI 4.8.5.0

When I go to camera settings the "max rate" is set to 21 fps. I change it down to 10 fps to save on CPU and bandwidth usage. When I login via UI3 it shows the stream is at 21 fps. I go back into the settings and it has reverted to 21fps. I can't seem to get my setting to "stick" or save. I am changing the setting and then clicking "OK".

What am I doing that it is not saving my fps setting or is it a possible bug?

Thanks,
Jay

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am new to Blue Iris and security cams. I have ordered some cameras that will come in a few days but I have been playing with an old Trendnet IP camera I had laying around to get a feel for BI. I am running BI 4.8.5.0

When I go to camera settings the "max rate" is set to 21 fps. I change it down to 10 fps to save on CPU and bandwidth usage. When I login via UI3 it shows the stream is at 21 fps. I go back into the settings and it has reverted to 21fps. I can't seem to get my setting to "stick" or save. I am changing the setting and then clicking "OK".

What am I doing that it is not saving my fps setting or is it a possible bug?

Thanks,
Jay
You need to change it on the camera itself, not BI

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Jay Dub ,
Welcome to IPCT!
+1 to what @zebrock said...I also have an old Trendnet and BI: log into cam's webGUI using browser with cam's IP as the URL, log in with username and password, go to "administration", "configuration", "video", "frame rate", change it, "save".

Jay Dub

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much. I thought it was done in BI but good to know to do it in the camera.