BI no longer breaking up videos by alert

Thomas B

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have been using blue iris for a while now and you helped me out once before with a delay and stutter I was having. That issue has been resolved (thanks again) but I just recently noticed different problem. I don't check the dvr unless I have a reason to or I go on to check for updates so I am not sure when this started. BI no longer breaks the recordings up into clips based on my alerts. They recordings are shown as randomly sized huge videos of 4, 7, 12 ect hours. The alerts are still being noted and recorded as I can still skip between them on playback, but I cant easily identify them in the desktop program or the android app.
I haven't changed any settings since I adjusted the frame rates to fix the delay. Any info would be appreciated. I wasn't sure what settings you might need to see so just let me know. Thanks in advance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Uncheck combine and cut in the record tab of each camera

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you can still skip to them on playback, then most likely it's still capturing the motion events. Make sure in the clip viewer that you select alert and not all clips. It's the little triangle icon with the lightning bolt inside. Same with within the app.

Thomas B

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I
If you can still skip to them on playback, then most likely it's still capturing the motion events. Make sure in the clip viewer that you select alert and not all clips. It's the little triangle icon with the lightning bolt inside. Same with within the app.
This fixed it, thanks